GDATA 2020 Release Notes

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Is there a location to check for the absolute latest version to download?

I keep finding web installers, but I want the latest versions in full download form each time.

Just put a trial on a desktop I occaionally use, to check the newly proclaimed lightness.....( "G Data filesystem monitor service" 250 mb+ continuously on my Office desktop, very heavy) and installed directly from GData website, and it updated (manually) to 25.5.3.4 Not looking like it's their current version.(25.5.5.40) History reminds me that their program updates are glacially slow. :(

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Just put a trial on a desktop I occaionally use, to check the newly proclaimed lightness.....( "G Data filesystem monitor service" 250 mb+ continuously on my Office desktop, very heavy) and installed directly from GData website, and it updated (manually) to 25.5.3.4 Not looking like it's their current version.(25.5.5.40) History reminds me that their program updates are glacially slow. :(

RAM use doesn't equate to lightness. Also many companies are quite adept at hiding ram usage. I've now installed GDATA on what I would consider a very underpowered notebook. HP Elitebook w/4GB RAM, Second Gen i5, SSD. It runs like greased lightening with GDATA on it.

For slowness to me, I look for;

1) Snappiness of folder open/close.
2) LAN Speed Tests.
3) Download, Page Load and Ping Latency.
4) Application Launches.
5) File Copy.

GDATA 2020 is one of the fastest I have tested for the 2020 versioning, right up there with my tests on ESET and certainly faster than Emsisoft and F-Secure when I tested them a few weeks ago.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Is there a location to check for the absolute latest version to download?

I keep finding web installers, but I want the latest versions in full download form each time.
I didn't find any offline installer either. The online installer saves the installer at this location: "C:\ProgramData\G Data\Setups\CommonUpdate\G DATA INTERNET SECURITY". You can keep a copy of this. The size is over 900mb and this installer won't give you an option for a trial version but if you already have a license then no problem.

nstalled directly from GData website, and it updated (manually) to 25.5.3.4 Not looking like it's their current version.(25.5.5.40)
I used a trick to download the latest version. The link of the official website comes with a version number in it, eg: "hxxps://gdata-a.akamaihd.net/Q/WEB/B2C/WEU/25.5.3.4/GDATA_INTERNETSECURITY_WEB_WEU.exe"
I just replaced that version number with the latest one and it works ;)
So, here's your download link for the latest version G-Data 2020

alv222

Level 2
Oct 11, 2019
I didn't find any offline installer either. The online installer saves the installer at this location: "C:\ProgramData\G Data\Setups\CommonUpdate\G DATA INTERNET SECURITY". You can keep a copy of this. The size is over 900mb and this installer won't give you an option for a trial version but if you already have a license then no problem.

I used a trick to download the latest version. The link of the official website comes with a version number in it, eg: "hxxps://gdata-a.akamaihd.net/Q/WEB/B2C/WEU/25.5.3.4/GDATA_INTERNETSECURITY_WEB_WEU.exe"
Can you use the trial 2 times? I've used the 2019 trial before.

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014

Worked like a dream. Uninstalled 25.5.3.4/ installed 25.5.5.40 (y)
(saved all settings, of course)

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
Just wanted to publicly offer my thanks to @davisd for the 120 day offer of G Data IS! Installed v25.5.4.4 with the link provided by @SeriousHoax here (thanks to you as well!) and it seems to be running quite well so far. (y)

Nice job, @davisd.
It’s rewarding to see this community helping others. ‘Tis the Season for giving!
Thanks 😊

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014
GData is officially one of the lightest AV's now. I cannot believe how fast my test machine feels with this version.

Side note, it's on sale at Amazon for $26, 1 year, 10 PC's.

Dang it..... I couldn’t help myself. I grabbed a key. 10 seats for less than $3 each? No brainer! Thanks ForgottenSeer 58943 😀

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
If you use G Data you need to pay every single license for every device that you use? G Data has a multi device license?

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
SeriousHoax i wanted to say thanks for the download i have been downloading from usa and never getting the beast module
i downloaded yours and i have it now im complete (y) and i truly i never thought lately that gdata was slow this is my main security
app i use i usually do two year license when i find great deals.but this version seems even better.👏

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Also, you can change versions, for example if you want TotalSecurity it is;

Another method, email support, and they will push the latest one for you. Also, be sure to check the GDATA GUI, updates show up on the front of the GUI under notifications. Clicking the notification will quickly update the package.

BEAST everyone is talking about is the newly improved, hardcore BB.

Beast.PNG

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
I tested BEAST for a couple of weeks :
It has three types of detection:
Tied to Static engines( Even when R. T is OFF) - BEAST (Engine) -A/B.
Own detection (BEAST)
Cloud detection (Beast(Cloud))

Seems now analysis is much faster.. Detection name is same. "Verdict.Malware"
Few minutes later CLOUD detection pattern will come into 🎮

Also I observed it's anti phishing improved greatly. Thanks to self developed machine learning system that auto clasifies the sites (24/7) . I hope this system will be included in the client side systems independently

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.