GDATA 2020 Release Notes

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
I am trying it in my spare machine and so far so good, except the Firefox extension that doesnt install at all.

The initial installation process is very slow, but the system impact seems to be below average.
If the extension is not installing then download it from this link using something other than Firefox. Then drag and drop it in the Add-ons windows of Firefox and that should do it. But the extension slows down browsing speed in my opinion. Let me know what you think: G-Data Firefox Extension

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

That would be a major turn off for me.

Fake news. It is 100% easy to get the license unlocked. They have phone support. I've called them US Time, and usually it's 4 in the morning there and someone always answers by the third ring. They'll unlock the license straight away, over the phone.

Try it, call them right now and a human will answer.

+1 (844) 257 - 6050

motox781

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Apr 1, 2015
Fake news. It is 100% easy to get the license unlocked. They have phone support. I've called them US Time, and usually it's 4 in the morning there and someone always answers by the third ring. They'll unlock the license straight away, over the phone.

Try it, call them right now and a human will answer.

+1 (844) 257 - 6050

Thx. Seems you like GDATA. What are your opinions on GDATA suite vs Kaspersky suite?

Other than the US spying spat, I would like to know more technical details of why you think GDATA would be better?

Last edited:

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
In this context, I vote kaspersky.
I see a drastic reduction in G data static scans in current MT Hub packs down by 50-60% .. Though been taken care by Pro active protection on execution + Engine B
Bit defender signatures are down from recent months. Time to change engine to other vendor which has great signatures like Eset.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
Combining both engines?
No BD engine itself . Remember BD Sdk contributes major signatures at least in the past.
Calculation would be pack of 100 samples on average I get 30-50 around from Engine B.. Rest is null ( from Engine A)... Like 50% static detection. Remember I'm not considering on execution proactive status.. Only Signatures. Pro active is another storyline.

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Does G-DATA still have a version in Brazil Portuguese language? I didnt find the setup, the brazilian official website is offering the setup in english/spanish/germany/french and italian only.

Faybert

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017

davisd

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Jan 27, 2019

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I installed the 25.5.5.43 from this link https://gdata-a.akamaihd.net/Q/WEB/B2C/LAT/25.5.5.43/GDATA_INTERNETSECURITY_WEB_LAT.exe but still got the 25.5.5.40 installed, not a big deal, but interesting anyway.

I dont know why the official brazilian website isnt offering the portuguese installer version (latin america).

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.