GDATA 2020 Release Notes

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
This is the response from G Data:
Thank you for contacting G Data International Support!

Please submit the installer directly to our Virus Lab, by using the Sample submission form at Submit a suspicious file, app or URL | G DATA.

Should you need additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Dear customer,

*** This message is an automatic e-mail response ***

Thank you for your URL submission.

A ticket for your submission has now been created and added to the processing queue.

Our analysts will examine your submission and you will get a reply with the solution and/or verdict for the submitted files/URLs.

Please note that we are receiving a large number of submissions per day, the processing of your ticket may take time.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

SecurityResponse Team

Still waiting...

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
G Data response:

Dear G DATA service user,

We have received our virus lab's answer to your submission.

The submitted URL is not detected now or at the time of submission.

Kind Regards,

--

International B2B/B2C Support

These guys are delusional, anyway no point for me to spend my time on a company that is in hibernating mode. I will go with my recommendation if you want an AV with Bitdefender Engine use Emsisoft.

Last edited by a moderator:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
G Data response:

Dear G DATA service user,

We have received our virus lab's answer to your submission.

The submitted URL is not detected now or at the time of submission.

Kind Regards,

--

International B2B/B2C Support

These guys are delusional, anyway no point for me to spend my time on a company that is in hibernating mode. I will go with my recommendation if you want an AV with Bitdefender Engine use Emsisoft.
You can contact them again and discuss the issue more thoroughly. Maybe they did not get your point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Cortex

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
@Paul.R They will fix it as soon as possible. I am sorry that this wasn't recognized immediately after your first report to support. Nevertheless thank you for reporting it.
According to my understanding of the issue @Paul.R reported, he downloaded the uninstaller directly from G Data website. The downloaded installer was not digitally signed that's why he contacted support in the first place. Instead for support to see the download link s infected or not they should have inspected why it was not digitally signed. Have the download severs been tampered with? Was it uploaded by mistake?

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
According to my understanding of the issue @Paul.R reported, he downloaded the uninstaller directly from G Data website. The downloaded installer was not digitally signed that's why he contacted support in the first place. Instead for support to see the download link s infected or not they should have inspected why it was not digitally signed. Have the download severs been tampered with? Was it uploaded by mistake?

Yes, I understood this. I cannot give you any more details, though.

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
I'm having a minor issue with G DATA IS on my Windows 10 PC. Seems like every few days the Windows Security notification icon flags a problem with my virus protection and prompts me to open the application which is correctly identified as G DATA. If I open G DATA it doesn't indicate any problem and always shows that it was updated less than an hour ago. I found that if I manually initiate an update of G DATA and then close it the warning notification in Windows Security goes away and shows No Action Needed. Any ideas why this would be happening or what setting I might change to avoid the notification? It's just a minor annoyance which I'd like to eliminate if possible, TIA.

Last edited:

struppigel

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Apr 9, 2020
@struppigel

The firewall bug is fixed? Was a bug with firewall where you need to restart the PC to work again even in G Data interface appear to be activated.

I was not aware of that bug. I don't develop our software, so my insight is limited. I only analyse malware, e.g., to write blog articles and include signatures for the product.
If you think it's still an issue and that it would help to make someone aware of it, let me know.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
@struppigel
G data firewall I don't know how just suddenly turnoff, I have a notification on icon near clock and if I enter to G data interface it's all good , I set G Data firewall to high security.

Thank you for your feedback!

Indeed the issue you are experiencing, is known and a fix is currently being developed. While the Firewall is usually still running, to eliminate the issue, simply disable the email port check, as this should fix the issue.

You will be notified, as soon as a fix for the issue is released

The instruction are to vague.

Reactions: Cortex

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
I'm having a minor issue with G DATA IS on my Windows 10 PC. Seems like every few days the Windows Security notification icon flags a problem with my virus protection and prompts me to open the application which is correctly identified as G DATA. If I open G DATA it doesn't indicate any problem and always shows that it was updated less than an hour ago. I found that if I manually initiate an update of G DATA and then close it the warning notification in Windows Security goes away and shows No Action Needed. Any ideas why this would be happening or what setting I might change to avoid the notification? It's just a minor annoyance which I'd like to eliminate if possible, TIA.
I just submitted a support request to G DATA about this issue and will share their response and hopeful solution once received.

Bill K

Level 5
Verified
Jul 25, 2018
I just submitted a support request to G DATA about this issue and will share their response and hopeful solution once received.
I did receive a prompt response from G DATA customer support (below) although it doesn't really resolve the issue, looks like I'll just live with it.

Thank you for contacting G DATA international support.

The icon should only appear if the device has not updated for a while, this is usually not the case if an hourly update is missed. The warning will likely appear if the device had been off for a while, as in that case the virus signatures will quite a bit out-of-date. This is as intended, and the warning should no longer be displayed if the scheduled automatic virus signature update is executed successfully.

Please note that the current version of our program is 25.5.6.20, if you do not have this version yet, please update the program.

Reactions: harlan4096

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
You report a problem, their support tells you everything else. It's like a quick answer, I did my job if he comes with same problem again, maybe I'm lucky and other colleague will take the ticket.

36 years of experience with malware, 0 years of experience with consumers

//sorry for my bad English

Mariihh

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2018
Well, we have to be careful with some users of this site, there are a lot of fan boys here who love to destroy other antivirus with false news and experiences, without any proof (n)

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Next time when you write something about others turn on the monitor(to see text conversations above), seems keyboard texting without monitor to be on make misunderstanding and false assumptions.

Last edited:

Aggravatorx

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jan 30, 2013
maybe it is the new windows update screwing with Gdata ? im saying my only beef with gdata is there one file protection monitor runs over
300mb memory in task manager that to me seems high

• +Reputation
Reactions: Divine_Barakah

MacDefender

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Oct 13, 2019
maybe it is the new windows update screwing with Gdata ? im saying my only beef with gdata is there one file protection monitor runs over
300mb memory in task manager that to me seems high

This seems typical of most AVs that use the BitDefender engine -- their engine seems to map all of their monstrous signatures into memory for performance. You can either configure it in that mode where it scans quickly but uses a lot of memory, or configure it for a low memory mode (which Emsisoft and a few others support) which uses less memory but scans slower.

IMO for most people the default configuration is the better tradeoff. You generally have 300MB of RAM to spare but especially on mobile devices with CPU frequency scaling, you lose a lot more performance and battery life by the extra CPU cycles in low-memory mode.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.