Battle GData Internet Security vs GData Total Security

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
In any case, few antivirus products are innovative at the moment.
Those who innovated for me in 2023: Bitdefender (with its AI module) , ESET (same as Bitdefender) , Avast which improved Evo-gen and offers Hexadecimal detections and F-Secure which offers an all-in-one solution.

But, there is an antivirus that surprised me the most, it is DeepÎnstinct which was completely unknown and offers a first class solution! But not too easy to use for novices....
Deep Instinct is still quite easy to use compared to many other endpoint protection solutions. Setting it up was a pain tho. :LOL:

Oldie1950

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2022
Those who innovated for me in 2023: Bitdefender (with its AI module) , ESET (same as Bitdefender) , Avast which improved Evo-gen and offers Hexadecimal detections and F-Secure which offers an all-in-one solution.

But, there is an antivirus that surprised me the most, it is DeepÎnstinct which was completely unknown and offers a first class solution! But not too easy to use for novices....
As a home user, however, I hardly have the opportunity to purchase Deep Instinct. I couldn't find a price for the product either.

JB007

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Gdata is excellent with BEAST and DeepRay which is its strength.
But I don't like the software because the interface is completely outdated and I had big problems.
Indeed, at my place and at a friend's place, Gdata made Windows crash completely when it couldn't start for obscure reasons!
You had to shut down the computer with the button on the central unit...

Bitdefender is very good, however, I noticed a slight drop in definitions... Even if it catches up at launch (its video will arrive after my 5 day weekend :D )

Avast is excellent and provides a very high level of protection. One of the few to block the most recent variants of RedLine, SmokeLoader or Snake.
It also blocked artificially inflated files and also blocked an injection attempt thanks to its IDS module :)
@Shadowra says: "Gdata is excellent with BEAST and DeepRay which is its strength." >>> That's the most important for an Antivirus ;)
@Shadowra says: "Avast is excellent and provides a very high level of protection. One of the few to block the most recent variants of RedLine, SmokeLoader or Snake.
It also blocked artificially inflated files and also blocked an injection attempt thanks to its IDS module."
>>> What are the others ? :unsure:

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
@Shadowra says: "Gdata is excellent with BEAST and DeepRay which is its strength." >>> That's the most important for an Antivirus ;)
@Shadowra says: "Avast is excellent and provides a very high level of protection. One of the few to block the most recent variants of RedLine, SmokeLoader or Snake.
It also blocked artificially inflated files and also blocked an injection attempt thanks to its IDS module."
>>> What are the others ? :incertain :

F-Secure, Kaspersky, Eset and DeepInstinct

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
If you have to ask, then you probably don’t.

Windows 11 is a different beast, it has security and preventive mechanisms built-in. The majority of Internet Securty suites bundle features that were originally designed for Windows XP and 7-era, rebranded over the years. As an example, vanilla Windows XP never launched with a Firewall.

If you use Bitwarden Password Manager, do you think you need G-DATA Password manager?

Remember! Don’t be a fool, grab a trial version before you buy.

Jengo

Level 6
Well-known
Nov 9, 2022
Hi what settings in avast are you using to get these numbers? Thks
No special settings, i use Premium / Ultimate security.

1683733958262.png

1683734011811.png

1683734029857.png
Got all on High sensitivity.

Last edited by a moderator:

RansomwareRemediation

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2020
Gdata is excellent with BEAST and DeepRay which is its strength.
But I don't like the software because the interface is completely outdated and I had big problems.
Indeed, at my place and at a friend's place, Gdata made Windows crash completely when it couldn't start for obscure reasons!
You had to shut down the computer with the button on the central unit...

Bitdefender is very good, however, I noticed a slight drop in definitions... Even if it catches up at launch (its video will arrive after my 5 day weekend :D )

Avast is excellent and provides a very high level of protection. One of the few to block the most recent variants of RedLine, SmokeLoader or Snake.
It also blocked artificially inflated files and also blocked an injection attempt thanks to its IDS module :)
But Bitdefender is an av that does not depend on the signatures, therefore that they decrease, or take time to arrive, is not a problem.
In the case of Avast, I like that they have a technology that does not have any av, which is bot scanning, with special signatures, without the need to use a rescuedisk.
Greetings and I look forward to another test from you :3

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017

@Shadowra thanks for posting about Deep Instinct. Checked out their website. I like that it works with MS Defender. I requested a demo, but looks very business oriented, first category is 1-1000 users, so not sure if they'll work with small business owner me. Have you used it? Or just read about it? Sounds somewhat like Cylance 4 years ago.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Sounds somewhat like Cylance 4 years ago
I personally find it much better than Cylance. Much more effective and much less marketing fluff, stunts and fishy business around it. They are both fast and light. The DeepInstinct XDR console for my taste is more organised and it’s quicker to reach what you need.

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
@Shadowra thanks for posting about Deep Instinct. Checked out their website. I like that it works with MS Defender. I requested a demo, but looks very business oriented, first category is 1-1000 users, so not sure if they'll work with small business owner me. Have you used it? Or just read about it? Sounds somewhat like Cylance 4 years ago.

I have a DeepInstinct license that I bought through the reseller that @Kongo gave me :) (42$)

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I personally find it much better than Cylance. Much more effective and much less marketing fluff, stunts and fishy business around it. They are both fast and light. The DeepInstinct XDR console for my taste is more organised and it’s quicker to reach what you need.
Cylance died years ago when it was acquired by Blackberry. Pretty much all the original devs left the company and left the home version to die. I still have my lifetime license but Cylance Smart AV doesn't receive updates regularly anymore. So Deep Instinct surely is the better option.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Cylance died years ago when it was acquired by Blackberry. Pretty much all the original devs left the company and left the home version to die. I still have my lifetime license but Cylance Smart AV doesn't receive updates regularly anymore. So Deep Instinct surely is the better option.
Although here we are diverging from the original topic a lot, Cylance was highly scandalous from the moment it came out to the moment it died. Never liked it.
Example 1:

Example 2:

Example 3:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.