Expired Get free Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 6

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
exterminator20 said:
I run WSA alongside KIS 2013 without any problems.I am sure it can be with some exclusions in CIS 6 but I personally dont have a use for ASC Ultimate.I really have never tried it on my system and cant comment on performance.WSA is extremely light and runs well alongside pretty much anything.

Well I won a contest for Bitdefender so there is no point in using ASC ultimate since it uses the BD engine, haha.

Chigwells

Level 4
Jan 16, 2012
Amazing!
My system has been running bad lately, very interested to see if this improves

Muchos Gracias

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Chigwells said:
Amazing!
My system has been running bad lately, very interested to see if this improves

Muchos Gracias

I never really took notice if ASC works or not. It's just there. It's pointless to use the ultimate now since I am using Bitdefender.

Chigwells

Level 4
Jan 16, 2012
Malware Man said:
I never really took notice if ASC works or not. It's just there. It's pointless to use the ultimate now since I am using Bitdefender.

I can't run system restore (access denied with some error number) plus some other admin function. So I'm interested to see if ASC sorts it out!

BTW, what is it about Bitdefender that makes ASC pointless? I understand ASC6 nowadays has an AV element, but surely its traditional function is sys maintenance, which not what Bitdefender is about?.

Please explain, s'il vous plais

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Chigwells said:
Malware Man said:

I can't run system restore (access denied with some error number) plus some other admin function. So I'm interested to see if ASC sorts it out!

BTW, what is it about Bitdefender that makes ASC pointless? I understand ASC6 nowadays has an AV element, but surely its traditional function is sys maintenance, which not what Bitdefender is about?.

Please explain, s'il vous plais

Hello,

That will be interesting to see if ASC fixes the problem. I'm currently using ASC + Bitdefender.

ASC isn't pointless. Just some people don't like system optimizer tools and such.

What I'm talking about is ASC ultimate, the one with AV. It uses the Bitdefender engine. So there is really not point in me using it since I know Bitdefender is gonna protect me better than ASC ultimate. They only use signatures and that's it. Bitdefender has a web blocker, IDS, etc.

I'm sure ASC does a lot better job then Bitdefender in the system maintenance department.

AV vendors now love to add a bunch of bloatware and other tools that you really don't need in a suite. If you needed them you'd just download separate programs to do the jobs cause I'm sure they have no clue what they are at with optimization tools.

That's just my two cents. :D

Chigwells

Level 4
Jan 16, 2012
@ Malware Man
Thanks for reply. Yeah quite agree about the bloatware. Still, interesting idea from IObit sticking an AV element in with their ACS6, they know most people have AV, do they must have made good sure it is compatible .

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
Chigwells said:
@ Malware Man
Thanks for reply. Yeah quite agree about the bloatware. Still, interesting idea from IObit sticking an AV element in with their ACS6, they know most people have AV, do they must have made good sure it is compatible .

Your welcome, I wouldn't use it. It's only using signatures which is not enough these days. They say it's compatible with any other antivirus on there website. But it's no point in using it with Bitdfender since they are using the same engine.

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Iobit....hmm will pass the word to a pal who uses ASC. Thanks I'm sure she'll love this one. For me I'll pass. Still have MBAM pro here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.