Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Discontinued

Press release: Ghostery Launches New Tool Enabling Full Desktop Privacy Protection Through App-Level Tracker Blocking and VPN - Ghostery
December 2019: Ghostery Midnight offers users unprecedented protection at the device-level, blocking data-collecting trackers across all applications, and ensuring full internet privacy with VPN.
Key features include:
  • Ad Blocking & Tracker Protection: Prevent trackers from collecting your data and block intrusive and annoying ads across all desktop applications, from email clients like Microsoft Outlook, to entertainment apps like Spotify and Hulu
  • Virtual Private Network (VPN): Connect to the internet and shield your activity via a secure and encrypted connection. By anonymizing your IP address, location and browsing information is obscured as you browse on a private network
  • Tracker Monitoring: View which companies are trying to track you, and how trackers are interacting together to share and spread data
  • Cross-Browser Compatibility: Protection for every single browser, regardless of limitations and extension support, managed entirely through Midnight
  • Customized Protection: Make informed decisions around your data by viewing app tracker totals, and picking and choosing which apps to safeguard for flexible protection and control

Homepage: Ghostery Midnight
  • 7 day free trial available followed by a $14 monthly subscription
  • download for Windows and Mac

Last edited:

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
It's hard not to make comparisons, $168 a year is a fair amount, comparing it to for example arguably the best VPN IVPN @ $100 a year which has an Anti-Tracker, then Ad-Guard I bought recently @ $30 for a lifetime family licence - I feel Ghostery is beyond what I am willing to pay as you can add a licence for Kaspersky or Norton on & still have change for a beer from Ghostery pricing or is Ghostery that good? I really don't think so - Looks like the VPN has 5 servers??

Last edited:

Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
$14 a month?? That sounds like a rip off to me. How can they compare with other providers like Mullvad VPN (€5 per month), ExpressVPN ($8.32 per month) or even PIA ($3.33 per month) and expect to do well.

Burrito

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 16, 2018
I feel Ghostery is beyond what I am willing to pay..

$14 a month?? That sounds like a rip off to me.

Since the trend is -- I think -- that more AVs will offer VPN... I think they are going down the wrong path.

Yeah, $168 a year is way too much.

I do like the concept of Ghostery at the device level though.

Wolfware10

Level 1
Aug 8, 2019
Yeah, $14 is quite much. But it depends also, maybe features are incredible great. And business VPNs usually cost more than b2c VPN.
For example, I took "NordVPN Teams" basic plan for $7 per user/month (we have features such as:
-Centralized billing
-Licence transferability
-User administration
-Access to control panel
-Auto-connect
-Third-party login options
Also, there are other plans, which cost more (you can check here ), with more advanced features. Well, you choose what you need and what you can afford.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
It's still extremely expensive, the VPN is very limited with servers, as they have your email you have little or no privacy with the VPN -I really don't know what they are thinking of, half price it may be in the running - I don't mind paying for good software, but after trying it out I thought the cost was a typo! - It's just not that incredible.

Reactions: dinosaur07

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.