Exposure to Malware: Low
Anti-Malware Testing: Yes
Virtual-Machine Malware Testing: No
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate
Architecture: 64-bit
Real-time Protection: F-Secure Internet Security 2014
On-Demand Tools: No
Web Browsers: Google Chrome
Browser Extensions/Add-ons: AdBlock Plus , WOT , F-Secure Search , HTTPS Everywhere , Ghostery , YoWindow Weather ,Turn Off The Light , Pacman :D !

Cpu : AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2GHz
Ram : 4GB

TuneUp : Wise Care 365

Last edited:
P

Plexx

I would actually add Comodo Internet Security (following Chiron's guide) and throw in Kingsoft Antivirus as an additional layer, although Comodo Antivirus has far better detection rate than Kingsoft.

That aside, is Emsisoft Anti-Malware on freeware mode? If so, make sure you disable the running services since the freeware mode behaves like an On Demand scanner but the services are still loaded as if it was on Real Time mode.

Other than that, you could use windows 7 built in backup solution which you can store in an external drive and always mount via administrator tools the backup to recover specific files.

Other alternatives would be Paragon Backup and Recovery free 2012, EaseUS Todo Backup free or Macrium Reflect Free.

Do you have UAC on? If not, you could turn it on, although I would assume you have Comodo's Defense + On so it becomes a bit obsolete but nevertheless a good addition.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Simple config. :cool:

Biozfear, Comodo D+ doesn't make UAC obsolete. For example; with UAC enabled, you can prevent accidentally executing a program with Admin privileges (without password).

+1 for creating a system image, if not already, you can do this from the built-in Backup and Restore in Windows 7.

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
thanks my friends
i will do your Suggestions.and now what's your idea about this combination :

comodo firewall + kaspersky av
comodo firewall + EmsisoftAntiMalware pro
comodo firewall + Nod32 + EmsisoftAntiMalware
Kaspersky Pure 2 + EmsisoftAntiMalware or Malwarebytes
comodo internet security free + EmsisoftAntiMalware pro

?

P

Plexx

Earth said:
Biozfear, Comodo D+ doesn't make UAC obsolete. For example; with UAC enabled, you can prevent accidentally executing a program with Admin privileges (without password).

You got a point. Considering infections might trigger something to run with admin privileges even if it is whitelisted by comodo.

My bad. :)

D

Deleted member 178

gigi64 said:
comodo internet security free + EmsisoftAntiMalware pro

on this forum it is called "Umbra Virus" :D a very strong combo. i wait v6 (when all is fixed) to redo it

check there my guide , i used it for a long time ^^ : http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-set-CIS-EAM-for-max-compatibility-security

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
thanks alot my friend
what about BullGuard Internet Security 2013 ? is it good? (firewall,anti virus)

P

Plexx

gigi64 said:
thanks alot my friend
what about BullGuard Internet Security 2013 ? is it good? (firewall,anti virus)

Here is a video by MalwareDoctor for Bullguard IS 2013:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-BullGuard-Internet-Security-2013-Final-Test-MalwareDoctor

I have done a text based review for 2012 only:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Review-BullGuard-Internet-Security-12

Have a watch and read and feel free to draw your conclusions :)

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I like the setup that you have. Something that you can add to it is Lastpass for Google Chrome. :)

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
i change my wizard:
COMODO Internet Security pro + Emsisoft Anti-Malware ( just for scaner )
is it good?

D

Deleted member 178

gigi64 said:
i change my wizard:
COMODO Internet Security pro + Emsisoft Anti-Malware ( just for scaner )
is it good?

Why pro? it gaves nothing special except support, if you just need EAM scanner better remove it, and use Emsisoft Emergency Kit instead (same scanner but portable and done in case of infected environment).

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
removed both !:D
Which one is more powerful ? ( firewall and Detection Rates )

1- Norton 360
2- Eset smart Security 5

?

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
gigi64 said:
removed both !:D
Which one is more powerful ? ( firewall and Detection Rates )

1- Norton 360
2- Eset smart Security 5

?
From personal experience, I would go with Norton.
Its light and offers great protection.
However I recommend that you get Norton Internet Security as Norton 360 is just NIS but with System cleaning and optimization which you could get better free alternatives. Also from my knowledge, It doesn't get the same product updates as fast as NIS but it gets the same definition updates, etc.

D

Deleted member 178

both are equal to me, light, very good preventive features. In stock settings ESET has better detection, but now detection is less important than before.

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
thanks thanks ... (f)
which firewall is better? between norton and eset ?

D

Deleted member 178

I will say Norton, but now most firewalls do the job equally.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
ESET because if your a gamer you can just set and leave, I guess you could do that with Norton, but much easier with ESET. Have you considered Trend Micro?

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
McLovin said:
ESET because if your a gamer you can just set and leave, I guess you could do that with Norton, but much easier with ESET. Have you considered Trend Micro?
thanks for advice man,but i don't like trend micro

if i use comodo firewall + EmsisoftAnti-Malware(pro)
or
comodo firewall + G Data AntiVirus 2013

I'm safe when i was browsing in web and online banking ?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Most of the time you can be safe online;
1. If you're not infected.
2. If you're not being logged (ie. Keylogger, Screenlogger)
3. If you're not fooled by a Phishing/Scam site.
4. If you're protected against MitM attacks
And check for HTTPS:// , a secure connection.

Also use Google Chrome's Incognito Mode which disables all Extensions; unless allowed by you.

Hope this helps, if I provide the wrong information, feel free to correct me. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.