Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
Earth said:
Most of the time you can be safe online;
1. If you're not infected.
2. If you're not being logged (ie. Keylogger, Screenlogger)
3. If you're not fooled by a Phishing/Scam site.
4. If you're protected against MitM attacks
And check for HTTPS:// , a secure connection.

Also use Google Chrome's Incognito Mode which disables all Extensions; unless allowed by you.

Hope this helps, if I provide the wrong information, feel free to correct me. :D

thanks man and appreciate
what is your suggestion for security program ? combination program like comodo firewall + other anti virus or use complete software like kaspersky internet security or norton 360 or eset and other complete software .... which one is lighter and stronger (firewall and anti virus,and everything ? :D

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Unknown said:
gigi64 said:
Second-Opinion scanners: Emsisoft Anti-Malware

in realtime or free

Even I'm not sure what you mean here? Do you mean does he have it as real-time or on-demand?

D

Deleted member 178

He asked , if EAM was fully activated (RT + BB+ Surf protection) or just on freeware OD mode

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
He asked , if EAM was fully activated (RT + BB+ Surf protection) or just on freeware OD mode

Ahh, woops my mistake.

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
what is your suggestion for security program ? combination program like comodo firewall + other anti virus or use complete software like kaspersky internet security or norton 360 or eset and other complete software .... which one is lighter and stronger (firewall and anti virus,safe browsing,safe online banking job and everything) ?

D

Deleted member 178

Emsisoft AM full + Comodo FW + Kingsoft AV is a very strong combo, if i was you i will keep it. Few complete suites will do better in term of protection/resource usage rate.

in your config thread, do like this :

"Real-time protection: Emsisoft Anti-Malware + Comodo Firewall (ProActive Mode) + KingSoft AntiVirus Free (Cloud)"

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It's completely up to you whether you want a Suite or Layered security by different vendors.

If you have access to use Norton , Kaspersky or ESET AND they don't have a negative impact on your PC, I don't see why you shouldn't use one of those products.

However, if you choose to use Comodo Firewall with another Antivirus, just check they don't clash.

You mentioned you have the Paid version of EAM, why not use that with Comodo Firewall. Emsi have improved drastically in the past few years and a fair amount use it here. For maximum compatibility with EAM, I suggest using Online Armor (as they are now owned by the same company).

Also I'd like to note that a Suite or AV, that contains more "features" doesn't mean it's going to be superior to the rest.

EAM features a fair few active component to keep you and the your computer safe, add the OA Free Firewall and you'll have Inbound/Outbound traffic control, as well as HIPS component for further protection.

That was my suggestion and of course it's down to your user experience and preference(s).

If you asked me what I would use -2 weeks ago- I would have said an AV with Windows Firewall. Ask me now, and I would say Windows 8 built-in AV with the rest of it's security features.

gigi64 said:
thanks man and appreciate
what is your suggestion for security program ? combination program like comodo firewall + other anti virus or use complete software like kaspersky internet security or norton 360 or eset and other complete software .... which one is lighter and stronger (firewall and anti virus,and everything ? :D

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
removed everything ! :D
add comodo internet security 6

lovely program :angel:

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012

P

Plexx

gigi64 said:

Believe you forgot to update your SCW post as it shows CFW and KsAV.

On a side note, could I have a screenshot of the current full CIS suite (task manager showing all users).

Thanks

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
12_21_2012_1_34_48_PM.jpg

what happen ? :D

D

Deleted member 178

This Windows shows CIS' running task (updates, scans, etc...), not the tasks of your system. A feature not really needed IMO.

P

Plexx

I think gigi misunderstood my request. I was referring to windows task manager or process explorer :)

P

Plexx

cavwp.exe is sitting at over 15k while cis doesnt go below 10k.
those 2 alone are higher than 5.10's total in my system for some odd reason.

At least I have a few systems I can compare with mine ( I mean Screenshots).

Thanks gigi.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.