GiGi64 configuration

D

Deleted member 178

when i test-run v6 on win8, cavwp.exe sit at 30mb alone !

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
Just for fun and variety :
Comodo Internet Security 6 Removed !
add : Online Armor Free + Nod32 6 anti virus

What is your opinion ?

D

Deleted member 178

it is a good combo, just don't forget to disable ESET HIPS

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
Removed Both ! online armor free & nod32(with disable hips)
becuse my computer was slow and freeze !!
what is your idea about security program (anti virus & firewall or internet security) for me ?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
There's no need to Turn off Windows Firewall, even if you don't have an Antivirus installed.

I think you need to work your way up to tighten your PC security, rather than jumping on the Internet Suite-bandwagon to save your PC. :p

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Why not try ESET Smart Security 6.You can use Umbra's review as a guide to setting it up to get the best protection out of it.

If you want to try it and need help with a trial,feel free to PM me.

On the other hand since exposure to malware is low and infections are rare why not just give MSE a go.

Smart Security 6 had some memory usage problems but since the latest version release of ESS 6 (6.0.308.0) It has definitely gone down at least on my system.

At the very least I would add an on-demand scanner such as MBAM Free and or Hitman Pro

As Earth said there is no need to turn off Windows Firewall and any 3rd party Security Suite or Firewall will do this for you automatically on install

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
^^ You can give a try to ESET Smart Security 6. Many new Features are there in ESS you can try & i would suggest you to use Biozfear Guide to configure your ESS.

Or if you are having a freeze its not important it could be caused by only Security Software it can be cause by many other problem.

Some Suggestion:
  • Remove the software you don't want.
  • Update Your OS Regularly.
  • Update all your Softwares Regularly.
  • Use a Defragmentation Software (eg.. Auslogics Disk Defrag).
  • Use softwares (like.. CCleaner, ASC etc)
  • Add some On-Demand Scanner (like.. MBAM Free | HMP[free])
  • Disable the startup which are not regularly used.

if Still you got freeze than you can Refresh you Windows 7.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
MrExplorer said:
^^ You can give a try to ESET Smart Security 6. Many new Features are there in ESS you can try & i would suggest you to use Biozfear Guide to configure your ESS.

Do you or does anyone have a link for Biozfears guide,I cant seem to find it to pass along to gigi64

3link9

Level 5
Verified
Oct 22, 2011
Bio's Guide:
http://malwaretips.com/Thread-How-to-configure-ESET-Antivirus-Smart-Security-5
(Posted for v5 but works fine for v6 until updated)

P

Plexx

The EAV/ESS v5 guide can still be used for V6.

Only minor changes if one really wants to change which is scan on download, idle scan (which i personally would disable) and the rollback signatures.

I have not updated to v6 because I still suffer from memory leaks whenever I install it.

Will update the guide properly when I can.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Biozfear said:
I have not updated to v6 because I still suffer from memory leaks whenever I install it.

Since they have released version 6.0.308.0 memory seems better on my system.

P

Plexx

Wasn't that update a further fix to Outlook issues and SSL Scanning? or was that on previous build? I keep loosing track since I always get the info and paste it in a txt file, yeah I know weird hobby.

Edit: yeah I didn't forget to update. The current build is the 2nd build of version 6: 6.0.308.0, which was released on the 21st of Jan 13.
I would however assume the SSL scanning is towards the windows 8 issue but cannot verify since the initial issue with the windows 8 store was on version 5 (Fix: Windows Store doesn't work with SSL scanning, which was applied to current build 5.2.15.1 of ESET v5.

1st build after upon release of version 6 was on 15th of Jan 13 (build 6.0.306.0):

Code:
Rollback previous virus signature database:
· If you suspect that a virus signature database or product module update may be unstable or corrupt, you can roll back to the previous version and disable updates for a set period of time.

Improved Anti-Phishing protection:
· ESET NOD32 Antivirus will display a warning notification with several options when a web browser attempts to access websites or domains catalogued in the ESET malware database.

Regular full scan:
· For increased security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 6 can regularly perform a full scan of your computer during idle time. The scan is optimized not to run when the computer is operating on battery power. Regular full scans help detect inactive threats on the computer and improve ESET cloud information about known and unknown threats or files.

Scanning improvements of downloaded files:
· In previous versions, files downloaded from the internet were scanned by ESET only after they were completely downloaded. ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 6 scans specific file types (e.g. archives) during the download process so that the user does not have to wait until after the download process for files to be scanned.

Unified application notifications:
· The design and layout of all notification windows has been unified across version 6.

Which in turn fixed some issues over the last beta build known as 6.0.11.0 which had the following fixes only:
Code:
IMPROVED FEATURES:
· Heuristics – detection directly in memory
· Cloud-based reputation of files
· Personal Firewall
· Neater GUI with activity status

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Biozfear said:
Wasn't that update a further fix to Outlook issues and SSL Scanning? or was that on previous build? I keep loosing track since I always get the info and paste it in a txt file, yeah I know weird hobby.

yes it was the SSL and Outlook issues

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
remove everything !
Reason : i just want test every thing ! :D
add : Bitdefender Internet Security 2013
and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

:D

gigi64

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
remove everything again !
My system was slow with Bitdefender, And Bit always wanted to be updated :D
also i don't like black color theme !
i want test f-secure but first i should go to find key :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Why not evaluate the program for 30-days? It's free.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
MrExplorer said:
If you want to test can you Test TrendMicro. Some of Friends say that it is nice AV.

Correction, the AV is not the best, but the web guard is one of the best out there.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
McLovin said:
MrExplorer said:
If you want to test can you Test TrendMicro. Some of Friends say that it is nice AV.

Correction, the AV is not the best, but the web guard is one of the best out there.

OK Can you list the Features in TrendMicro Titanium Maximum Security

Spirit

Level 2
May 17, 2012
gigi64 said:
remove everything again !
My system was slow with Bitdefender, And Bit always wanted to be updated :D
also i don't like black color theme !
i want test f-secure but first i should go to find key :)

You can try other available software as it is hard to find f-secure license promo/giveaway.
The last promo is expired now and no current promo is running.

I am too searching for F-secure licenses and even the big guns failed to provide it to me :p

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.