Expired (GiveawayClub) SpyShelter Anti Keylogger Firewall (6 months license)

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Yeah, I could do that, and probably will. But the main reasons I asked is because of the "System Protection" and "Application Execution Control" parts of SpyShelter Firewall. But I guess I could try it out, I do not believe that it would destroy my desktop. :)
if you are concerned, you can email spyshelter (I pasted their address in a previous post) and ask them directly if there are any known conflicts. But I don't think there will be. Because SpS is made to be a companion software. It usually only conflicts with the real heavies: Bitdefender and Kaspersky, but there are workarounds even for that.

Reactions: Morro

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
if you are concerned, you can email spyshelter (I pasted their address in a previous post) and ask them directly if there are any known conflicts. But I don't think there will be. Because SpS is made to be a companion software. It usually only conflicts with the real heavies: Bitdefender and Kaspersky, but there are workarounds even for that.

Okay, I will do that, thank you shmu26. :)

Reactions: shmu26

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Well, I was told by the SpyShelter Helpdesk that I could use it combined with Avast. When I tried to install SpyShelter Firewall I found ou that I hat to temporarily disable the Avast shields, but that was okay for me. After having installed it and having restarted my PC I also excluded SpyShelter Firewall in Avast ... just to be sure nothing will interfere with one another.

Morro

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 8, 2012
Well, I will not deny I fully understand what is discussed in that thread, but let's hope that they will do something about it. But I also have Avast and CryptoPrevent installed, so should the worst happen then hopefully those three together will prevent it. ( I know nothing is 100% secure. :) )

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Well, I will not deny I fully understand what is discussed in that thread, but let's hope that they will do something about it. But I also have Avast and CryptoPrevent installed, so should the worst happen then hopefully those three together will prevent it. ( I know nothing is 100% secure. :) )
it is always smart to have a good backup of all your important files, or even better, a system image file.
where to keep it?
anywhere that is not attached or networked to your computer.
because in case of ransomware attack, all reachable storage devices all vulnerable to encryption, leaving the victim without backups.

Reactions: Morro

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.