Good open-source browser based on chromium ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Just use chromium! :)
Download "chromium auto updater" from majorgeeks, it will autoupdate several times per day always with the latest build.
After installed, run the update process, it will download automatically the browser and install it, and enjoy! ;)

And tell me if you like it! :)

Reactions: Ink

thepierrezou

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
Open-source but no chromium. It is based on webkit
http://midori-browser.org/
I use midori on GNU/Linux but it's verry buggy on windows :/

Just use chromium! :)
Download "chromium auto updater" from majorgeeks, it will autoupdate several times per day always with the latest build.
After installed, run the update process, it will download automatically the browser and install it, and enjoy! ;)

And tell me if you like it! :)
Chromium is not too buggy ? when updates release ?

Reactions: yigido

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
Not really :)
I used it for almost a year, and had a problem only with one build, but resolved in less than 3hours with the next update.
The program, as I said, will update itself automatically at least once a day, but if you notice problems or bugs just run the update process! The developers release a lot of new builds every day :)
Plus, chromium itself is safer than Google Chrome ;)

thepierrezou

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
I don't like it one update per day :/
(Chromium auto updater work fine :), thanks )
And i have found a bug when i download an extension it's written "failure of anti-virus scanning" :(
("Echec de l'analyse antivirus" in french)

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
- hmm Midori is on Japanese language, so if you speak Japanese, it's fine for you.

I have SlimBOAT, and I'm happy with. - NO direct phone line with Google ..

thepierrezou

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Sep 25, 2013
I use comodo dragon and i'm happy with but it don't have many updates :(
For security it can be a problem ?
(chrome 33 :( )

Reactions: Kent
Y

yigido

SRWare Iron is no longer open source if i remmber correctly :/
Download site said "it is open-sourece"
Q1o6GH6.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Callender

Level 1
Verified
Aug 16, 2014
Hello,
Is there any good browser based on chromium with regular updates ?

Personally I tried SRWare Iron and prefer it to Chrome or Chromium and there's even a Linux version.

However you might want to consider a Chromium based browser that's claimed to be the most secure browser by it's developers.

You can get it here: https://www.whitehatsec.com/aviator/

You can read a very long discussion on it here: http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/329876-most-secure-browser.html

Post #6 onwards - all 16 pages to read through. I use it myself on occasions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.