New Update Google’s Find My Device network - Screenshots of the new setting pages [2023]

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Screenshots of the new Android Find My Device network settings page.​

The folks in the Google News Telegram group were able to pull up these settings early, offering a sneak peak as to what Google will allow Android users to control.

As seen in the screenshots below, you’ll have a “master switch” of sorts to turn off Find My Device features entirely, as well as having more granular settings. You can opt to use offline functionality for Find My Device which uses encrypted location data. This can be turned off, or on in one of three ways.

There’s the ability to find devices without using the network at all. This will enable users to locate offline devices based on their last known location, which is how things work today. When using the network, you’ll have the option to turn it on at all times, or just in locations with “high traffic,” which Google explains as places like an airport.
Story via Amid delay, here are the settings for Google's Find My Device network [Gallery]

1690824056007.png1690824062162.png1690824072432.png1690824066771.png
Image: Click to expand

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.