Troubleshoot google chrome & 360 web browser starting problem

viktik

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Sep 17, 2013
Strange problem occurring while opening 360 web browser & google chrome browser at same time.

initially everything was good. i had 360 web browser, 32 bit google chrome.

Some problem started when i installed 64 bit google chrome. i thought 32 bit and 64 bit chrome browser are conflicting. So i removed 32 bit google chrome.

Some problem kept occurring. IDM extension asks for install every time i start the browser. Unable to start 360 web browser & google chrome at same time. So i thought 64 bit chrome is faulty. So i removed it and installed 32 bit chrome.

Now problem still persist while starting google chrome and 360 browser at same time.

Any idea whats happening?

Reactions: Kent

Kent

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 4, 2013
32 bit Chrome does not work on 64 bit Windows 8.1,you should use only 64 bit apps on 64 bit system:(:(

Upvote 0

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
Maybe the problem is that, 2 different kinds of same engine based browser can't work neither installed at the same time, or bugging each other?
For example to clarify, once upon a time I had Waterfox and Firefox installed on my system. Whenever the main Firefox was open, I was not able to open Waterfox, and afterwards I close FF and open WF, WF was just going insane.. The bookmarks were disappearing each time and the plug-ins with add-ons etc.. It was a true nightmare :)

You can check the browser integration ticks at the General settings tab at IDM and uncheck Chrome for once and try? And maybe the solution would come with uninstalling/reinstalling 360 Browser?

Reactions: Kent
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.