Not open for further replies.

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Hi!

I can't decide which browser is the best? Maybe somebody can help me to make a good choice.

Have a nice day!

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I tried Google Chrome but i don't like:
- dosen't save pass on youtube site
- high usage of cpu
- high usage of ram
- very good security
- anti-phishing not bad

Pale Moon:
- don't have latest security updates like Firefox
- poor anti-phishing
- very good extension
- very customizable, like Firefox
- not very good password manager

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
As I have stated on this forum many times avoid clone browsers.
They always run behind the main browsers on applying patches, fixing vulnerabilities and other issues.

So Google Chrome would be a much better option since Pale Moon always falls behind on applying Firefox patches. The same applies to Comodo Dragon, Coolnovo, SRWare Iron, Waterfox, Cyberfox, etc.

Stick with the main updated browsers- IE, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or use other browser that keep updated like Sleipnir for Windows (updated Safari), Maxthon Cloud Browser, SlimBoat Browser, SlimBrowser, Mozilla SeaMonkey or Avant Browser.

Other browsers may have vulnerabilities that might not be patched for months or longer.

Use LastPass for your password manager, it is much more secure than using the ones that come with browsers because it encrypts your data.

Thanks.:D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Paul.R said:
I tried Google Chrome but i don't like:
- dosen't save pass on youtube site
- high usage of cpu
- high usage of ram
- very good security
- anti-phishing not bad

Having high RAM and CPU usage is normal for Google Chrome, as due on multi procrsses browser; they equalize to avoid crashes and troubles.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I haven't personally tried Pale Moon before so I wouldn't have an idea on how it performs. :-/

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
Paul.R said:
@DrBeenGolfing

Bitdefender doesn't like Opera engine(Presto).
You may be right, this latest Bitdefender update was a buggy little bugger, so buggy I had to uninstall it. Have heard it doesn't like Chrome much, either.

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Chrome works ok with Bitdefender, but Opera it's a mess. I creat a thread(it has a length of 14 days) on this topic but no answer from Bitdefender Support.

Bitdefender 2014 have this problem too.

S

starchild76

what does bitdefender like anyway :) most of the things conflict with it , experienced nothing but trouble last time I have used it.

DrBeenGolfing

Level 1
Verified
Mar 16, 2013
Pretty bad of Bitdefender to put out an update that has so many problems, they didn't change much and they have has 5+ months to work on it. When removing it, make sure you use the Bitdefender removal tool from their website - otherwise it leaves behind loads of folders and files.

Z

ZeroDay

starchild76 said:
what does bitdefender like anyway :) most of the things conflict with it , experienced nothing but trouble last time I have used it.

Bitdefender support really seems to suck, everywhere you go theres someone complaining about Bitdefender support. It really doesn't look good on Bd.

Z

ZeroDay

Paul.R said:
Chrome works ok with Bitdefender, but Opera it's a mess. I creat a thread(it has a length of 14 days) on this topic but no answer from Bitdefender Support.

Bitdefender 2014 have this problem too.

DrBeenGolfing said:
Pretty bad of Bitdefender to put out an update that has so many problems, they didn't change much and they have has 5+ months to work on it. When removing it, make sure you use the Bitdefender removal tool from their website - otherwise it leaves behind loads of folders and files.

Indeed, the amount of time they've been working on it there should be no problems at all. I'm quickly starting to come to the conclusion that Bitdefender are incapable of releasing stable software, add that to poor customer support and it's just not worth using their products.

Paul.R

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
I agree with Zeroday,I was a big fan of Bitdefender but not anymore...I use Bitdefender from 2011...now I'm with Gdata and ESET.

//sorry my poor english

GA4E1

Verified
May 4, 2013
Littlebits said:
As I have stated on this forum many times avoid clone browsers.
They always run behind the main browsers on applying patches, fixing vulnerabilities and other issues.

So Google Chrome would be a much better option since Pale Moon always falls behind on applying Firefox patches. The same applies to Comodo Dragon, Coolnovo, SRWare Iron, Waterfox, Cyberfox, etc.

Stick with the main updated browsers- IE, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or use other browser that keep updated like Sleipnir for Windows (updated Safari), Maxthon Cloud Browser, SlimBoat Browser, SlimBrowser, Mozilla SeaMonkey or Avant Browser.

Other browsers may have vulnerabilities that might not be patched for months or longer.

Thanks.:D

I disagree with stay away from clones. Comodo actually works fine for normal user.
Same for Waterfox with its 64bit support, as well as Cyberfox.

Lets not forget the issues that Firefox had when new builds were released and users ended up going a few build backs, same with Google Chrome.

If one is to stay away from "clone browsers" because for example, Comodo uses version 24 while Official Chrome uses 26, theres also other builds more advanced the 26 (i believe DEV is on 27 or 28).

The user who made this thread asked opinions on which is better between 2 products.

Your post was not that much informative. That is my opinion.

In regards to the question itself, I would say Google Chrome, although I do not like their automatic update feature.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Using clone browsers doesn't take very big difference, as first its adapted from major search engines and only few or slight came original. (clone itself)

Its just an optional, as long nothing wrong through browsing and updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.