• Immunet

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MalwareDetective

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Dec 16, 2013
Looks good! In my opinion You should enable the UAC. I think Windows Defender is Useless as an on-demand scanner (As it's detection very low)

I

illumination

Config looks excellent.. I do agree how ever that you should enable the UAC..

Gorilla P

Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2013
Yeah I've just left it enabled, but I don't really run on-demand scans with it. I've thought about enabling UAC, but it will take a bit of fine tuning so it's not annoying as it once was.
I'm also teetering between AdFender and AdBlock plus at the moment. AdBlock Plus provided better ad blocking, but it also uses quite a bit of system resources (up to 200MB RAM), which can really slow down some older PC's and netbooks. AdFender has the same blocklist options (EasyList and Malware) but doesn't block ads/popups quite as well. It doesn't let a whole lot through though, and hasn't let anything malicious through. I figure with AdFender, OpenDNS and the custom host file, I should be good to go. This would likely make more sense for some of my clients who have older laptops and netbooks as well, since running Chrome with multiple tabs and AdBlock Plus was pretty taxing.

Reactions: MalwareDetective

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.