Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Nothing wrong just want to know if i should update
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
N/A
HI i need some help if anybody here is really fermiller on if i need to do this. do i need to update my BIOS or NO

My Bios version is 1.60
http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77 OC Formula/?cat=Download&os=BIOS

Although i do see 2.00 Improve memory compatibility. so not sure if i need to tho. should i update to 2.30 for my GFX Card

aZhAjdF.jpg

Thank u Guys here at MT

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
That's a very delicate question, and more delicate decision.
Logic would tell that you should update your BIOS before installing your GTX 760. As your BIOS version is older (Year 2012.) than a release of GTX 760...

Upvote 0

ImtheBest

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 6, 2013
Well i haven't installed it yet. I did ask people on eggXpert and a person said i didn't need too. So i'm cunfused now on why they put that in there

Upvote 0

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Well i haven't installed it yet. I did ask people on eggXpert and a person said i didn't need too. So i'm cunfused now on why they put that in there
You can always backup your BIOS (Check your AsRock Manual), or reflash UEFI on it.

Upvote 0

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I have never updated the bios with a new video card and don't really see the need to.I am sure that is just a cya disclaimer by EVGA and I think you will be fine
Really the only time you would update the Bios is when instructed by your pc manufacturer or by the motherboard manufacturer or if you upgrade your CPU and the Bios version is older than the CPU Requires
Aside from the above reasons you probably should never update your PC Bios..... some thinking is updating the bios can improve performance but a Bios update wont improve performance,it only improves compatibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koroke San
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.