Serious Discussion What’s in your Junk Mail folder? (Mega Thread)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Haven't got any nice attachment in my main inbox lately, however I do receive quite a nice amount of questionable links which may lead to those. By the time I try them links are already dead. :D

outlook1.PNG

E

Eddie Morra

Maybe the macromalware is just a dropper and once executed, it can download the malicious executable that would have a higher ratio on VT.
That would be a logical explanation.

Most of the time, malicious Office VBA Macro's will simply act as an entry to gain code execution on the machine before deploying file-less script attacks or dropping another loader on the environment. Following this, the real payload normally comes into play.

E

Eddie Morra

I can try and investigate the attachment for you if you'd like and provide some malware analysis insight. I'm a bit bored these days, it'll spice things up.

Send me the attachment download in a PM - if you don't have it, I'll use the VT link and see if I can find the sample myself.

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

I can try and investigate the attachment for you if you'd like and provide some malware analysis insight. I'm a bit bored these days, it'll spice things up.

Send me the attachment download in a PM - if you don't have it, I'll use the VT link and see if I can find the sample myself.
You changed your nickname again? This one is easier to pronounce. The sample is still in my inbox.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hello,
Over the past few months I have received more and more spam and in recent weeks I received more spam than emails !
It had become unbearable and I was considering changing my email addresses !🤬
But in the last 4 days I only received 2 spams !
Obviously I am very happy but I would like to understand what happened while hoping that the rain of spam does not start again :unsure:

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I also was bombarded with spam (I have Yahoo Mail) And was suspicious they were pushing their 60 dollar a year upgrade, which I want no part of right now, kept sending to spam and also blocked sender and maybe it finally worked?? Anyway, Did you do anything differant?

Reactions: Nevi and JB007

ng4ever

Level 16
Verified
Feb 11, 2016
I know if I have to ask it probably is.

AT&T High Speed Internet

Important Message from AT&T

Your account needs immediate attention. Residential customers can log in with your myAT&T user ID and password to be back to browsing the internet as quickly as possible. If you are not registered with myAT&T and a Residential customer, please us at 1-800-286-2020. All Small Business customers must call us at 1-800-321-2000.

To ensure that you reach the right department, it is important that you provide your billing telephone number when prompted.

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Well, I searched this--because at first I thought it looked like a legit AT&T notice, and after reading some stuff on it, it seems it may be quite legit. It looks like my AT&T cell phone acct. home page. But we know things like this can be hijacked to phish. But...is the below applicable in any way?

Seems legit, imo. But I would call customer service using a verified phone number from a piece of mailed correspondence preferably. No online stuff to be safe.

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
@ng4ever did this popup happen in your browser? or your system tray?
Seems legit, imo. But I would call customer service using a verified phone number from a piece of mailed correspondence preferably.
Well, it doesn't address OP by name, which is always suspicious in my book, but I agree that he should contact ATT directly, using info from other correspondence as you suggest.

In any case, I would NOT click on that link in pop-up.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.