GPO settings for auto-updates

notabot

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Oct 31, 2018
To give you the background, what I want to do is have a remote machine ( without remote desktop or any server running, so impossible to connect to ) auto-update without a user logged in, ie say update A comes, it automatically updates & reboots, then sometime later update B comes, it automatically updates etc without a user ever being logged in.

I realized yesterday how much time it takes a Windows PC which has not been updated for months, and would like to automate that away for my holiday place. I'd like to do this via GPO so that settings persist through the updates themselves, so the question then is, what are the GPO settings that need configuration to do something like this?

OS is Win 10 Pro.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.