Troubleshoot Graphical issues: possible driver incompatibility?

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Every time a software requires administrator privileges, screen turns black for one second when it prompts for elevation and mouse is frozen. After this second, i accept or deny the privileges, and screen and mouse if frozen again for another second. Then it works again. Then, a normal operation that should take 1/4 second on my laptop takes around 3 seconds... Check the short video i made, sorry i created it with my phone because i cannot screen record, read below to know why:

How do i know it's a driver incompatibility? My laptop has two graphic cards: integrated Intel HD Graphics 630, and dedicated Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB. Both require a driver of course.
After a fresh Windows install i realise i only have the Intel driver installed and i have no graphical issues. Even if i update this driver to the lastest version, there's no problem. But if i do not install the Nvidia driver then i cannot game properly. I realised that if i install Nvidia driver then this graphical issue starts taking place. If i clean uninstall the Intel driver and stay with the Nvidia, then there is no graphical issue at all, but i cannot game. I need both drivers updated in order to game, but only one of them installed in order to have no graphical issues.

So i must choose, game or no graphical issues. Not a fair choice. Of course i've chosen gaming so far but it's tedious because i spent a lot of money on this gaming laptop.

Interesting fact: this graphical issue does not take place when there's an active software using the graphic card, for example when i'm gaming in full screen, screen recording, etc.

I don't know how to fix, i'm getting crazy! Any help is welcome.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Hi! Thanks for the tips. I was using the Intel driver from Acer website, and the problem persisted. I tried Intel's generic driver from the official Intel site and the problem is still here. Both of them are the issue...

Oh oh oh oh! Hot stuff here, i did not know this. Do you know which version should i look for in order to fix it? (revert it)

It's home!
Then paste this in a notepad and then rename it to from .txt to .reg
I can pm you the file if you find it hard or you can't be bothered. just tell me.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System]
"ValidateAdminCodeSignatures"=dword:00000001

to reset
"ValidateAdminCodeSignatures"=dword:00000000

Upvote 0

RoboMan

Level 35
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi @RoboMan

If your problem cannot be solved I suggest you go to NotebookReview Forums there to get your answer

Acer
Thanks! Will check it out.

Then paste this in a notepad and then rename it to from .txt to .reg
I can pm you the file if you find it hard or you can't be bothered. just tell me.

"ValidateAdminCodeSignatures"=dword:00000001

to reset
"ValidateAdminCodeSignatures"=dword:00000000
Done, thank you!

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.