Grayed-out Exclusions

Johnsonbot

Thread author
Aug 21, 2019
Hey there everyone,

I was cleaning my computer today and I stumbled upon my exclusions list which had some suspicious grayed-out exclusions in it that I could not remove.

I tried to remove them from the registry but that did not work (see image).

I also installed Malwarebytes and scanned my computer and removed the threats but when I restarted my computer and went onto my exclusions list, the grayed-out files were still there.

The last possible option I can think of is to factory reset my pc but I have two concerns for that, one being it would take a long time to do and it would be annoying to do it and the second being the fear of the exclusions/malware coming back after I restore the old data back to my computer.

Please help me with this problem, I've been trying to fix it for days!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_300.png
    Screenshot_300.png
    61 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_301.png
    Screenshot_301.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_302.png
    Screenshot_302.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 3
  • FRST.txt
    37.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Addition.txt
    67.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
Hello,

Type chrome://extensions/ and enable Developer mode.

Copy and paste the ID of greyed out extension in your next reply.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.