grimreaper1014 Windows 8 x64 Security Configuration 9-16-13

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
Not possible, according this post:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=131553.0
Hi, i have asked the avast technical support team about a 2-3 days ago and they told me that the files downloaded in the sandbox cannot be restored. If you need to download a trusted file, then download it in the regular browser without a sandbox. I hope that they will add this function in the next version.

that is a huge fail, more & more useless gadgets...Avast look like more a toy than a product

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
While that may be true in the current version, the new 2014 beta makes a lot of changes.. that is if you install the core protection instead of the default package. Have you tried avast! 9 Beta 2?

You have to agree, avast! Sandbox does what it's supposed to do. It isolates everything away from the real system.

Umbra Polaris said:
that is a huge fail, more & more useless gadgets...Avast look like more a toy than a product

grimreaper1014

Level 3
Thread author
Jul 9, 2011
Well, I ran into a problem on a few different occasions with version 8 of AVAST Internet Security. When I try to click on the "Security" tab from the main screen it does nothing at all. I have tried restarting, and still it will do nothing. This is like the 3rd time this has happened to me. I have had to uninstall and install again about 4 times now. After doing that the "Security" tab will function again only to do it again. I am using Windows 8 x64. Is anyone else having this problem or heard about it. Is there any know fixes or ideas on what could be causing that issue?

@ Earth I have installed the 2014 Beta 2 of Internet Security. What do you mean by core protection? What do you suggest be installed? As far as I can see the sandbox in the beta is setup the same way as version 8.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
It was in reply to Umbra's comment. :p

Core protection, the components of any security software that will protect your PC from malware and web threats, without the gimmicks (ie. Gadgets and Remote Access).

Also, why not use a non-sandboxed or portable browser to download files outside the sandbox?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.