Groups and Promotions Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
RE: New Groups and Promotions

New Change: You need to be at least an Advanced Member to give negative reputation. Forum Promoters can give negative reputation too.

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

bogdan said:
elliot :) There is a way to change it, but I'll make you work for it :p When you get to 50 rep I'll change every S-MOD name to italic.
I'm already at 28 rep!
I'll be done in no time!
Italics, here I come!

LaserWraith

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011

elliotcroft said:
bogdan said:
elliot :) There is a way to change it, but I'll make you work for it :p When you get to 50 rep I'll change every S-MOD name to italic.
I'm already at 28 rep!
I'll be done in no time!
Italics, here I come!

Wow you change your mind fast :D

elliotcroft said:
bogdan said:
Considering it took me this long to get to 25 rep, I'll probably still be working on getting 50 next year. :biggrin:
How do you make it seem so easy, bogdan?

LoftedAphid86

Thread author
Feb 24, 2011

LaserWraith said:
elliotcroft said:
bogdan said:
I'm already at 28 rep!
I'll be done in no time!
Italics, here I come!

Wow you change your mind fast :D

elliotcroft said:
bogdan said:
Considering it took me this long to get to 25 rep, I'll probably still be working on getting 50 next year. :biggrin:
How do you make it seem so easy, bogdan?
I am a man of change.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
RE: Groups and Promotions

windowsdefender said:
How do you get promoted to mod, super mod, and so on, If you need one, ask me:angel:

If the staff feels a user is moderator material, we will contact that user. Not the other way around.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

I know some became a mod by getting chosen by the members in that way that member suggested a member would if as a mod. the other mods discuss and later take a decision by voting. If the majority thinks that the certain member has quality of a mod the he becomes one. At comodo they become announce.

A two or three comodo member told me that I would fit as a mod. I kindly responed by telling them to tell other mod who they think is suitable as mod.

I suggested a member to become a mod; there was at that time no swedish global mod and I suggested him and he became one :)

Regards

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011

It's the same process at Comodo as it is here. If the moderators feel you are suitable, you will be asked. User input has no weight in the decision making process.

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

HeffeD said:
It's the same process at Comodo as it is here. If the moderators feel you are suitable, you will be asked. User input has no weight in the decision making process.
Okey

It's important that we help one another, so it doesn't really matter if a member is a mod or not :)

I

illumination

Valentin N said:
It's important that we help on another, so it doesn't really matter if a member is a mod or not :)

That is how it should be :D A collective effort on everyone's part to assist the whole.. ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Just do your duties and follow the rules at all times as a member and why not one day a staff will contact you. ;)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011

I think people join to be a part of the community and not to get promoted as mod. At least I hope so ^^

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011

Agreed Valentin, I joined to reply to comments when one of my MalwareGuru videos first got posted here. Then I got into the community, started posting, earning rep, posting threads. Since then I've gained Forum Promoter, then Moderator and now Super Moderator. Just be yourself everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.