This computer configuration is using an unsupported operating system. If possible, we recommend to upgrade to an operating system that is supported by its developers.
Thanks bribon77 for the suggestions. I had planned to upgrade to Windows 10, however due to my travel I'm postponing it and might do at a later time. I also plan to use Macrium Reflect free, had tried it once and it worked fine.1: Why not upgrade to W10? W7 is already obsolete and will not have security patches.
In addition, the specifications of your PC are fully compatible with W10.
2: I suggest a backup program.
Macrium Reflect or AOMEI Backupper in its free versions.
Thanks for sharing.
Hi! Thanks for sharing! Have you considered migrating to Windows 10? Windows 7 has reciently been abandoned and has no longer support, means a potential risk to malware and vulnerabilities.
I highly recommend enabling updates, important risk factor.
As for your malware protection, is Kaspersky default or customized? Check this thread on how to configure it for best protection: Discuss - RoboMan's Light Kaspersky Settings
That's as far as I go with "you must do" advice. Now suggestions:
Why a password manager? The lack of it usually leads to one of these two:
- Add a couple of second opinion scanners (ex. Norton Power Eraser, Emsisoft Emergency Kit, Zemana Antimalware)
- Add an adblocking extension (uBlock Origin, Adguard)
- Bitwarden is a good, free, opensource password manager
- Make sure to grab a good backup software, for both data and system images! You never know when you can lose access to it!
These are good reasons to be worried since one attack on a random server can vulnerate one account and therefore all of them (there are several software to crack the rest of your passwords with little combinations to guess the other ones). A password manager will store them securely, auto fill every site, and save new passwords when you create an account or change your password.
- Writing down your passwords on paper/on your phone
- Using the same passwords on every site (or changing a tiny factor like one number or symbol)
Why a system image software?
Why data backup software? You can lose your data at any time! Pictures, videos, documents.
- Updates can break your OS and make it unusable
- Malware can do it too
- You can break your OS by corrupting installs or similar
- You wouldn't need to format every time this happens
- With malware attacks (ransomware)
- When your hard disk fails
- When your OS corrupts