[GUIDE] How to autorun Emsisoft Emergency Kit scans

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
In this guide, I'll teach you how to schedule a task to run Emsisoft Emergency Kit scans automatically. I'll use "C:" drive as an example, but you can extract Emsisoft Emergency Kit anywhere you prefer.

1) Download and extract Emsisoft Emergency Kit on C:\EEK

1588302657287.png

2) Create 3 text files (*.txt) --> edit them:
a) Type
"C:\EEK\bin64\a2cmd.exe" /u --
-----> save as Update.bat (anywhere you want but I recommend inside EEK folder)

b) Type:
"C:\EEK\bin64\a2cmd.exe" /quick /log="C:\EEK\Logs\Quickscan_log_%time:~0,2%h%time:~3,2%m_%date:~-7,2%_%date:~-10,2%_%date:~-4,4%.log" /quarantine="C:\EEK\Quarantine"
----> save as Quick_Scan.bat

c) Type:
"C:\EEK\bin64\a2cmd.exe" /malware /pup /a /log="C:\EEK\Logs\Fullscan_log_%time:~0,2%h%time:~3,2%m_%date:~-7,2%_%date:~-10,2%_%date:~-4,4%.log" /quarantine="C:\EEK\Quarantine"
----> save as Full_Scan.bat

1588303416327.png

Now, open Windows "Task Scheduler".
You are going to create 2 tasks, one for each scan. Each one will contain 2 bat: update.bat and the scan.bat

1588303903313.png

1) Click on "create basic task", name it "EEK Quick Scan", follow the instructions and choose when you wanna run the quick scans. When asked which action to perform, choose "Start a program" and select the update.bat
1588303950543.png
2) Click on "create basic task" again, name it "EEK Full Scan", follow the instructions and choose when you wanna run the full scans. When asked which action to perform, choose "Start a program" and select the update.bat

Now, wih both tasks created:

1) right click "EEK Quick Scan", and check "Run with highest privileges".
1588304200144.png
<<remember to check this

2) Select the Actions Tab, click "New", Start a program and select the "Quick_Scan.bat"

3) You can add conditions on the Conditions tab, like only run the task if the system is in idle.

4) Save the edits

Now repeat the process with the "EEK Full Scan", check "Run with highest privileges" and add "Full_Scan.bat"

Done.

This will run the scheduled task as you configured, update EEK, run the scan, quarantine any problem it finds, save a log file inside C:\EEK\Logs; and Quarantine in C:\EEK\Quarantine if necessary.

You can edit the bat files to add or remove commands as you want.

==========================

Acknowledgment:
Emsisoft for creating this fantastic software and for all help I had in their forum to learn all steps of this guide.

If you find something wrong, pls let me know!

Last edited:

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Will it load the UI ?
is it possible to auto delete malware and restrict CPU ,IO usage?

It will load only a CMD window (and will close it after finishing each *.bat). You can autodelete using other commands

/wl=[], /whitelist=[file] --- Load whitelist items from the file
/d, /delete --- Delete found objects including references
/dq, /deletequick --- Delete found objects quickly
/q=[], /quarantine=[folder] ---Put found Malware into Quarantine
/rebootallowed ----Allows automatic OS restart, if this is required

Those are the commands to deal with malwares found. You just need to adjust those i listed.

There is no way i know to restrcit CPU usage. However i set schedule to run only when system is idle after 10 minutes. So the scan only runs when i'm not using the pc. I never see it running cause it usually take no more than 3-4 minutes to scan. I just check the logs.

Last edited:

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
It will load only a CMD window (and will close it after finishing each *.bat). You can autodelete using other commands

/wl=[], /whitelist=[file] --- Load whitelist items from the file
/d, /delete --- Delete found objects including references
/dq, /deletequick --- Delete found objects quickly
/q=[], /quarantine=[folder] ---Put found Malware into Quarantine
/rebootallowed ----Allows automatic OS restart, if this is required

Those are the commands to deal with malwares found. You just need to adjust those i listed.

There is no way i know to restrcit CPU usage. However i set schedule to run only when system is idle after 10 minutes. So the scan only runs when i'm not using the pc. I never see it running cause it usually take no more than 3-4 minutes to scan. I just check the logs.
if it runs via a cmd process i might be able to force a lower cpu usage .
thanks for your help!

Tiamati

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 8, 2016
Update:

1) allow reboot if needed
2) added a true complete scan

Update EEK
"C:\EEK\bin64\a2cmd.exe" /u --
-----> save as Update.bat

Quick Scan
"C:\EEK\bin64\a2cmd.exe" /quick /log="C:\EEK\Logs\Quickscan_log_%time:~0,2%h%time:~3,2%m_%date:~-7,2%_%date:~-10,2%_%date:~-4,4%.log" /quarantine="C:\EEK\Quarantine" /rebootallowed
----> save as Quick_Scan.bat

Malware scan
"C:\EEK\bin64\a2cmd.exe" /malware /pup /a /n /log="C:\EEK\Logs\Malwarescan_log_%time:~0,2%h%time:~3,2%m_%date:~-7,2%_%date:~-10,2%_%date:~-4,4%.log" /quarantine="C:\EEK\Quarantine" /rebootallowed
----> save as Malware_Scan.bat

Full scan (this will scan the whole drive C with Bitdefender and Emsisoft signatures)
"C:\EEK\bin64\a2cmd.exe" /f=%SystemDrive%\ /rk /m /t /pup /a /n /log="C:\EEK\Logs\Fullscan_log_%time:~0,2%h%time:~3,2%m_%date:~-7,2%_%date:~-10,2%_%date:~-4,4%.log" /quarantine="C:\EEK\Quarantine" /rebootallowed
---> save as Full_scan.bat

Config with Task Scheduler as you want. Just remember to add the Update.bat before the others.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.