Advice Request Hacked Samsung Galaxy and Accounts. I need help!

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

needhelp11

Thread author
Dec 19, 2022
Hi everyone

I have been targeted by hackers for a second time. I think they have done it somehow through xbox live and my microsft account and connected to my phone an emails. Im at a loss on what to do to stop all this and how exactly they are doing this. My mental health is extremely poor from all of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hey @needhelp11,
First of all, you should stay calm and think things through. If I were in your place I would reset to factory settings all my devices, including the router. While for Windows there are advanced tools to discover and remove an infection, for Android these tools are limited. Because it's not possible to trust that your devices are free from malware, even after an antivirus scan, it's a good idea to restore them to their default settings.

Here is what I think you should do:
  1. Reset your phone and other devices (including the router) to factory settings. If you suspect that your Samsung Galaxy has been hacked or compromised, the best thing to do is reset it to factory settings. This will erase all data and installed apps on your phone and restore it to its original state. To reset your phone to factory settings:
    • Go to the "Settings" app on your phone.
    • Scroll down and tap "General management."
    • Tap "Reset."
    • Select "Factory data reset."
    • Tap "Reset" again to confirm.
  2. Change your passwords. After resetting your phone, be sure to change the passwords for all of your accounts, especially your email and financial accounts. Use strong, unique passwords for each account, and consider using a password manager to help you keep track of them.
  3. Enable two-factor authentication. Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your accounts by requiring you to enter a code sent to your phone or email in addition to your password when you log in. This makes it much harder for someone to access your accounts even if they have your password.
  4. Monitor your accounts. Keep an eye on your accounts for any unusual activity. If you see anything that looks suspicious, contact the company immediately and let them know about the problem.
  5. Protect your phone. Install an antivirus like ESET or Kaspersky to protect your device. Make sure to lock your phone with a secure PIN or pattern, and consider using a fingerprint or face recognition feature for added security. You should also avoid rooting your phone or installing apps from untrusted sources, as this can increase the risk of your phone being hacked.
  6. Stay vigilant. Keep your software and apps up to date and be careful about what you download and install on your phone. Don't click on links or open attachments from unknown sources, and be wary of phishing attacks.

If you continue to suspect that your devices are infected even after resetting them to default, I would sell/destroy them and buy new devices from a physical store and pair it with new accounts. I'll let the other members give their opinion here.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.