OSarmor
Periodic malware scanners
Weekly scan with ESET
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Firefox and Adguard
Maintenance tools
Vera Crypt, Boxcryptor, Cryptormator, AllDup, OneDrive and Dropbox.
File and Photo backup
Aomei backupper pro
System recovery
Aomei backupper pro
Risk factors
    • Logging into my bank account
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Working from home
Computer specs
Intel core i7 4th gen
12GB DDR3
500 GB SSD for OS
640 GB HDD (Replaced optical with caddy)
2TB portable HDD

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
I suggest some programs for on-demand scanning such as Emsisoft Kit, Zemana antimalware, Norton Power Eraser, and Hitman pro.
Thanks for sharing(y)

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
My advice:
  • Add ZAM Free 3.0 & Emsisoft Emergency Kit and/or Norton Power Eraser
That's all for the advice, the rest is good.

~LDogg

Reactions: harlan4096

Hamxa

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2018
I don't want to be rude, but what aforementioned software can do which ESET lacks ?
I have used KTS for years, never had a problem. Had to replace it because of my old system.

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Light, effective and no-nonsense configuration. Just practice safe habits and you're good to go. You can try out KeyScrambler. I'm using it alongwith ESET IS and it encrypts keystrokes in your browsers(best of all it's free).:)

Hamxa

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 12, 2018
Hello, I would use also Google Drive for reliable data backup.

Thanks for sharing.
Yes, As a matter of fact I use, Not google drive but dropbox/onedrive through boxcryotor/cryptomator for my Keepass and other important data sync across my Android devices.

Light, effective and no-nonsense configuration. Just practice safe habits and you're good to go. You can try out KeyScrambler. I'm using it alongwith ESET IS and it encrypts keystrokes in your browsers(best of all it's free).:)
I will give a try. But I do not visit dodgy websites whatsoever on my this system, Also I use ESET banking protection while for banking stuff. And my emails are either 2FA protected or password less (through microsoft authenticator), Not to mention my firewall is configured for a handful of programs to communicate. So yeah. I think that's it.

Added : Vera Crypt, Boxcryptor, Cryptormator, AllDup, OneDrive and Dropbox. Because forgot to mention while creating thread. I don't know which category they fall to in security config, however i added to Utilities.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.