Solved Hard Disk keep restarting, Not sure if OS related or Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Sam.

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 9, 2011
Recently, my hard drive keep restarting its loading processes every 3 to 5 mins.

The way I tested this is playing a music in background, every 3 to 5 mins the music stops, the disk section in "process hacker" shows the "Disk loads" being disappeared and started again.

I'm currently running Windows 8, but I'm sure its not windows 8 problem because I have another computer that's running windows 8 with no problems.

Note: Ignore the defragging in the screenshot, its nothing to do with the current issue.

Any help will be appreciated. :)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    144.6 KB · Views: 558

WinAndLinuxTutorials

Level 4
Verified
Honorary Member
Aug 23, 2011
I think Windows 8 isn't compatible with the device that is having this issue. Can you try using another OS on the machine that is having the issue and tell us what happens?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.