YashSingh

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Only Hard Disk Problem mentioned in detail
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I have tried running SFCFix.exe but nothing happened.
Hi Guys, I am in severe need of your help. First of all I will tell you my problem.

There is hard disk problem. Whenever I start my computer, I get the following message (on a black screen) before 'Starting Windows' logo.:-
"The following are warnings that were detected during this boot.<next line> These can be viewed in setup on the Event log on the Event Log Page. <next line> WARNING : A problem with the hard drive has been detected."
Boot Image.jpg

After successful booting of the computer, a message comes showing "Windows detected hard disk problem. Backup your files immediately to prevent info. loss. showing two options:- Start backup process and ask me again later showing no third option."
hard disk problem.PNG

Then I tried running 'sfc /scannow' command in elevated command prompt, which shows
"Windows Resource Protection found some corrupt file but was unable to fix them. Details are included in CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.Log"
I ran sfc /scannow in safe mode too but it still showed the same response.
sfc scannow problem.PNG

Then i tried running 'dism /online /cleanup-image' and 'dism /online /cleanup-image /spsuperseded' and 'dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth' and also 'dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth' but all showed the Error 87 and 'checkhealth or restorehealth option is not recognised in this context.'
dism restore health.PNG
dism restore health.PNG

I also ran antivirus program but found some malware that got cleared or cleaned.

I also ran Windows Startup Repair which showed'Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically'
Startup Repair.PNG

I also ran chkdsk for all drives showing 0KB bad sectors.

My computer and hard disk are 5-6 years old.

My Computer Specifications are :-
Windows 7 64-bit Operating System
RAM:- 4.00 GB
Processor:- Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07 GHz

There is no such sign of any noise from CPU, or computer freezing or the blue screen of death coming up. Please tell me if this message in false or no. Please tell me if i need to format my C: Drive. Please answer all of my questions with your expertise.
I have tried very much. Please help me. Please guide me what to do.

Thanks for help in advance.

Yash Singh

Attachments

• sfc scannow problem.PNG
    sfc scannow problem.PNG
    73.3 KB · Views: 804
Last edited:

Wraith

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 15, 2018
Do you think that is the only way. Can we use external hard disk as internal one?? If yes, then please tell how. Also I would trouble you for best hard disk of USB 2.0 because I have USB 2.0 port installed.

Thanks for help
Yash Singh
all usb 3.0 HDD are compatible with 2.0. You can always go with WD passport or WD elements...these external HDD have served me well from 2013 although currently I'm using a Seagate external HDD and so far so good

Upvote 0

YashSingh

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
Hi guys,
I once more need your help. I had bought new Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB Internal Hard Drive for Desktop (Blue) as suggested.

While I was installing windows 7 i was not able to do. When I had successfully made 4 primary partitions, the following method popped up.(Error) Then I closed it.

Then I again inserted my old hard disk ti do something. Then I again inserted my new hard disk and found that I cannot create anymore partitions.(IMG) I was very upset.

Please help me. Thanks for help in advance.

Yash Singh

Attachments

• Error-code-0x80070057-windows-installation(1).png
    Error-code-0x80070057-windows-installation(1).png
    22.8 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_20181014_152721.JPG
    IMG_20181014_152721.JPG
    724.7 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 0

JiSingh12

Level 3
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
Hi guys,
I once more need your help

IF you can get into the drive page again, have you tried deleting all current partitions? So click on the system reserved partition, and format and delete, and do the same to all remaining partitions.

Then create a new full partition from the unallocated space, then format the partition, but not the system reserved one this time. That might work.

Upvote 0

YashSingh

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
I don't get any system reserved partition
IF you can get into the drive page again, have you tried deleting all current partitions? So click on the system reserved partition, and format and delete, and do the same to all remaining partitions.

Then create a new full partition from the unallocated space, then format the partition, but not the system reserved one this time. That might work.

I don't get any system reserved partition. I am going to replace the hard disk from amazon.
Thanks for help.
Yash

Reactions: Weebarra
Upvote 0

JiSingh12

Level 3
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
There is no partition only unallocated space.

Ok. So what happens when you use your new drive and you try click on new and create a partition? It should ask for a size once you click on the new button. Just leave it at default and click apply. Can you do this?

right mouse, on this new partition and choose New Simple Volume ...

I think that only works in windows itself, he is on about during the OS installation page if I'm correct.

Reactions: Weebarra
Upvote 0

bribon77

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 6, 2017
If Windows recognizes you the disk. In the Disk Manager you will find all the storage units.
There you have to format it and then hit it with the right button. New simple volume ... Come on, I think we're talking about Disco New.

Upvote 0

JiSingh12

Level 3
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
I get that message. So I cannot do anything.

Ah, well the error could be down to the ISO image, if using a CD, try cleaning it.. OR it could be something to do with the drive itself.

I have looked online a bit, so we can try something if it is down to the hard drive.

So.. Re-insert your installation media, and when you get to the screen where it asks you to choose a language and keyboard method etc., press "Shift + F10'. This should open up a command prompt terminal.

1. Now Type diskpart, and press enter.
2. Now type list disk. (This will list any connected drives)
3. Now type select disk # (Replace the # with the correct drive number from previous step) then press enter. you should get the "Disk # is now the selected disk" message.
4. Now type clean. (or you can type clean all , if you want a more deep/secure erase which takes longer).
5. Once it is done, to quit the terminal, type exit, and press enter, and then do it once more, now go to carry on the installation.
6. At the disk page, create a new partition which will be your C: Drive.

Let me know if you was able to create the partition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

YashSingh

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Oct 7, 2018
Ah, well the error could be down to the ISO image, if using a CD, try cleaning it.. OR it could be something to do with the drive itself.

I have looked online a bit, so we can try something if it is down to the hard drive.

So.. Re-insert your installation media, and when you get to the screen where it asks you to choose a language and keyboard method etc., press "Shift + F10'. This should open up a command prompt terminal.

1. Now Type diskpart, and press enter.
2. Now type list disk. (This will list any connected drives)
3. Now type select disk # (Replace the # with the correct drive number from previous step) then press enter. you should get the "Disk # is now the selected disk" message.
4. Now type clean. (or you can type clean all , if you want a more deep/secure erase which takes longer).
5. Once it is done, to quit the terminal, type exit, and press enter, and then do it once more, now go to carry on the installation.
6. At the disk page, create a new partition which will be your C: Drive.

Let me know if you was able to create the partition.
I was not able to do. Thanks.

Upvote 0

JiSingh12

Level 3
Verified
Sep 1, 2018
I was not able to do. Thanks.
Does anybody thinks that upgradding os from win 7 to 10 will help.

What error did you get when doing the instructions that i tried providing? Did you try it on your new or old drive? Did diskpart successfully clean your drive or..?

You could try running chkdsk /f /r from the command terminal on your drive to see if any errors persist, however i quite doubt this would be the case with a new drive.

It could potentially be an issue with the installation disk. If using a Windows 7 CD, you probably have a serial number/product key on hand. Try downloading new ISO files direct from Microsoft and installing them onto another USB/CD.

If you want to try Windows 10, then you can, but you will need a PC that you can boot into to download and burn the ISO image.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Does anybody thinks that upgradding os from win 7 to 10 will help.

It'll make the hdd worse in couple of days. Stick with Win 7 or any Linux distros.
Get a small SSD and a full WD or Seagate or HGST HDD. Windows 10 simply taxes the HDD too much even with 6GB RAM.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.