Sep 3, 2018
Windows Edition
Pro
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
Kaspersky Total Security 2020 beta (Interactive Mode + UnTrust Digitally Signed Apps + PUP/PUA/Adware On + Unknown Apps in Low Restrict + Strong Application Control Settings), SandBoxie (Licenced)
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
ZAM, HitMan Pro, Norton Power Eraser, MBAM Free, AdwCleaner, EEK
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Mozilla FireFox Quantum (main), TOR, Chrome, Edge

Mozilla FireFox Add-ons: Kaspersky Protection, Kee, S3.Google Translator
Maintenance tools
Free, Wise Care 365, Registrar Registry Manager, WhoCrashed, WireLess NetWork Watcher, TMAC, GPG4Win, VeraCrypt, QTBar
File and Photo backup
SyncBack Free
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Free

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
hello harlan, do you use Veracrypt in the OS partition or in some folders? I'm interested if there are problems with kaspersky, I'm testing a similar config in my main laptop but not with tweaks with application folder, rather TAM on and Parental control - blocking download of applications.

Also, with the extensions that you have I can´t blockt the ads of facebook (specialy the video ads on the videos :confused:) it's just annoying.

Great config (y)(y)
I'm adding also syshardener and thinking about OSarmor from nvt in case of some bug of kaspersky

Reactions: Weebarra

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Huchim: I use VeraCrypt with a specific volume/file where I have some important data, and I mount it when needed... using for years alongside Kaspersky and no issues until now.

Which version of Kaspersky product are You using? did You enable Anti-Banner Module?

I'm not getting ads, can You provide any example?

OSArmor is not necessary if Kaspersky well tweaked...

Last edited:

Huchim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Oct 17, 2015
I'm getting ads from wired's videos on facebook, yes, I have anti-banner and privacy protection enabled on KTS 18.0.0.405(h)
Video example
Captura de pantalla (7).png

OSArmor is not necessary if Kaspersky well tweaked...
Sorry, I don't have the knowledge and the time to handle the alerts if I set "interactive mode" and have it well tweaked. I tried some time ago... I decided to go with TAM and really don't know if it's comparable with the "well tweaked"

Last edited:

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I'm getting ads from wired's videos on facebook, yes, I have anti-banner and privacy protection enabled on KTS 18.0.0.405(h)
As You are in K2018, You need to add some extra AdBLocker add-on to Your browsers: uBlock Origin, my config is with the new K2019 which comes with an improved Anti-Banner (adblocker), so I don't need uBlock Origin:
1526452515104.png

If You are not well experienced with security tweaks, better You stay with TAM on, will be good for You :)

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hum... I guess it has been already commented in many different threads/posts in this forum, anyway recently a user of this forum asked me for the same, and I recorded a video for him with some of the tweaks I have in some systems with KTS2018:

https://cloud.qainfo.ru/s/WL3bFOVKwrFFtmh

Some tweaks are very strong/paranoid and may break sometimes installations of legit unsigned/and/or/but unknown applications in KSN, so in these cases You may low temporally the protection during installations as showed here:

And this is an extra config I have for my user space (previously modifying Windows user default folders to drive D:\), but You may costumize if for Yours as You want:

All those tweaks are applicable for K2017, K2018 & K2019 versions...

Allego

Level 2
Verified
Jan 25, 2016
Testing KTS2020 beta.

Deleted most of the FireFox add-ons, currently keeping: Kaspersky Protection, Kee, S3.Google Translator
@harlan4096 I followed your tweaks for KTS and applied it KSCP. On the video you provided I saw a lock icon at the main menu looks like you're using TAM? Is it still necessary to enable TAM after applying these tweaks?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.