Real-time security
Kaspersky Internet Security, Shadow Defender
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
KIS full scan
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome (64 bit) , uBlock Origin, SpywareBlaster, KIS anti-banner.
Maintenance tools
CCleaner Free portable, Disk Cleanup, Samsung Magician
File and Photo backup
Manual direct backup to one drive and 3 external USB high capacity hard drives always disconnected when not in use.
System recovery
Macrium reflect - home edition - version 7.2.4557 [UEFI], daily incrementals.
Risk factors
    • Browsing to popular websites
    • Streaming audio/video content from shady sites
    • Browsing to unknown / untrusted / shady sites
    • Working from home
    • Streaming audio/video content from trusted sites or paid subscriptions
Computer specs
Samsung series 7 CHRONOS 7705ZE 15.6 notebook , Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3635QM CPU@2.40 GHz 2.40 GHz, GPU AMD Radeon 8870M 2GB of GDDR5, RAM 8GB DDR3, Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500 GB

Harlequin

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jul 22, 2016
I have been a user of Avira Pro for many years, which has been reliable and light, although I have never considered my AV as my first layer of defense, more of a tool to check if malware is recognized. Macrium Relect home edition, Sandboxie, and Shadow Defender are the programs that would guarantee a 100% security to my computer. I have recently installed KIS as I received a free license, dropped Sandboxie after Sophos bought it, and basically running my computer always virtualized with Shadow defender. I've had only problems with Windows' configuration, never with malware in the last 5 years.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
@Harlequin:
  • As for "Disk Imaging Backup", You may add Macrium Reflect Free or AOEMI Backupper, both are free and reliably.
  • As for "Virus and Malware Removal Tools", You may add: MalWareBytes Free, EmsiSoft Emergengy Kit and HitManPro Free.
  • A PassWord Manager would be welcome also.
Please kindly reflect Your changes editing Your config, and announcing them here, thanks for sharing :giggle:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.