Harmful website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovehungryman

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2015
Today I noticed that in events logs of F-Secure, appears a red flag about a harmful website (survey-smiles) being blocked. Since it does not give me any details about what it is or where does it come from. Red flags go way back to early september, and the website in question keeps being blocked by F-Secure over and over again, sometimes many times a day. Is there anything behind the scenes I am not aware about? a malware trying to call home? or maybe it is started by a program? I am, mostly a cautious man and to some degree "tech-savy" (tune, debloat, keep up to date my pc, etc.…) but this thing took me by surprise. Any opinion about this? If I full scan my pc, it shows nothing... Captura de pantalla 2022-11-17 191040.png

• Thanks
Reactions: vtqhtr413

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

I need more information to go you should advice.

If possible please attach the F-Secure log for my review.

and

Download the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST).
Choose the 32 or 64 bit version for your system.
and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.
Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

How to attach a file:
In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Select Click the Attach Files.
Navigate to the location of the File.
Click the file. It will appear in the reply section.
Click the Post Reply button.

Please post the logs for my review.

Wait for further instructions

Reactions: upnorth

lovehungryman

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2015
Hello and thanks for your time in advance!
I was not able to attach any F-Secure log since in "Logs" it does not appear. It is in "Recent Events" where it only shows red flags, but there is no way of seeing reports unless are scans (manual or otherwise), I have done two manual scans (first quick and then full) but did show "did not find any harmful items".

BTW. it seems to have stopped on November 1 (check screenshot), nothing after that date, but it does not mean it is sleeping, gone or already bypassed security...

Hopefully in FRST reports you can find something useful to know whether my PC system is clean or what is going on.

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    28.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Addition.txt
    30.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Captura de pantalla 2022-11-17 191040.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-11-17 191040.png
    214.3 KB · Views: 16

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hi,

No malware was found in your logs.
F-secure is protecting you.
If you get notified every time a bad site is blocked you should check your help file to stop getting informed every time it happens.
Check with F-secure if necessary.

This fix will reset some of the programs protection and do some other maintencance.

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Please post the Fixlog.txt and let me know what problem persists.

Attachments

• Fixlist.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 13

lovehungryman

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2015
ok, here it is... Should run it again? since forgot to turn Antivirus and Firewall off, blocking Fixlist.txt to run freely. But it created nevertheless a fixlog.txt file.

Attachments

• Fixlog.txt
    11.7 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.