Serious Discussion Has anyone at all ever used or tested rising antivirus?

Xciting

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 14, 2023
Like on virustotal rising seems to detect alot of things considering I think you cant get it in us like from website only from some websites hosting the file like softonic. And they have an ai i would install but I think it may be a risk as nobody ever has used it atleast on here so i dont think its worth to download outside a vm

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
Like on virustotal rising seems to detect alot of things considering I think you cant get it in us like from website only from some websites hosting the file like softonic. And they have an ai i would install but I think it may be a risk as nobody ever has used it atleast on here so i dont think its worth to download outside a vm
There used to be an english version of Rising Antivirus many years ago. It has been discontinued tho, and the new versions are only released in chinese language afaik

Xciting

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 14, 2023
dang i aint gonna translate every bit of text on it lol

瑞星网 the website says it got a free version though but on like comms it has it the premium comms is a trusted website right?

oof the chinese text is the website

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
瑞星网 the website says it got a free version though but on like comms it has it the premium comms is a trusted website right?
Outdated and not meant for usage on Windows 8, 10 and 11. So no, you should definitely look for another option. I also love testing security software that isn't used by the majority of people, but this will probably just break your pc at some point. I even doubt that it will let you install it anymore.

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Outdated and not meant for usage on Windows 8, 10 and 11. So no, you should definitely look for another option. I also love testing security software that isn't used by the majority of people, but this will probably just break your pc at some point. I even doubt that it will let you install it anymore.
No, it will just say that this software is not compatible anymore.

Xciting

Level 2
Thread author
Jun 14, 2023
and what happened to wisevector?
Like i saw a bunch of posts of people saying to not use it or asking for replacements

• HaHa
Reactions: codswollip

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
The current version supports Windows 8 and 10. But it's doesn't provide very good protection and by default it installs in Chinese.

kylprq

Level 4
Verified
Jul 26, 2018
hard_configurator tools outperforms lots of commercial product, for free and also from lovely Poland 🐱

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Rising has actually fallen and not risen. I remember they decided to suspend the global version many years ago (circa 2010 if my memory serves me right). Since then I honestly haven’t even heard of them anymore. Prior to suspension, their product was OK but nothing to write home about.

Reactions: roger_m

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.