Advice Request Has Anyone Else Tried Kaspersky Plus?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Got Kaspersky plus 5 activations unlimited VPN optimiser backup runs very smooth for under 25 dollars,if your interested Google Kaspersky plus best price,then later cancel recurring cost which goes apx ,75 dollars till next sale,I really don't think there is a better product,well worth a trial if not out right purchase.I do not consider this as product of Russian government or I would boycott gl

Shadowra

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Tester
Well-known
Sep 2, 2021
KIS licences already migrate to K. Standard... KSCloud licences -> K. Plus

I just migrated my KTS license and I am on K.Plus :O

Capture d’écran 2022-11-21 213907.png

Capture d’écran 2022-11-21 214004.png

Mali HG

Level 1
Feb 16, 2020
I've been using Kaspersky Plus on one of my machines. It seems to have more false positives as of late. Example- It deemed the latest Amd chipset drivers as malicious yesterday.
To clarify, initial scan was fine before installing the Amd chipset drivers. And this was not the 1st time Kaspersky freaked over the chipset drivers, the last release of the chipset drivers were the same outcome. It was installing them that triggered Kaspersky somehow. No option to ignore, just wanted to clean and reboot. So, it cleans and so forth, then I receive a message about I believe it was two .dll files, it reboots, then Windows Defender had two options to restore (I believe it was auto run)

I did try to upload the chipset drivers to their portal for scan etc but it couldnt complete.

cofer123

Level 3
Sep 7, 2021
To clarify, initial scan was fine before installing the Amd chipset drivers. And this was not the 1st time Kaspersky freaked over the chipset drivers, the last release of the chipset drivers were the same outcome. It was installing them that triggered Kaspersky somehow. No option to ignore, just wanted to clean and reboot. So, it cleans and so forth, then I receive a message about I believe it was two .dll files, it reboots, then Windows Defender had two options to restore (I believe it was auto run)

I did try to upload the chipset drivers to their portal for scan etc but it couldnt complete.

I had something similar happen a couple of years ago with software I was developing myself. Kaspersky detected it as a security risk, triggered an advanced disinfection, forcefully closed everything I had open and forced a Windows restart. I got a lot of broken stuff afterwards like corrupted Firefox extensions, missing files I had recently edited, some programs failing to initialize... It was the tipping point that made me look elsewhere, especially since I had explicitly configured Kaspersky to always prompt me before any actions, only to have it ignored on this situation. Sometimes Kaspersky decides to take over and there is nothing you can do.

I've been using Kaspersky Plus on one of my machines. It seems to have more false positives as of late. Example- It deemed the latest Amd chipset drivers as malicious yesterday.
Pure especulation, but I believe this increase in false positives and other issues I've read recently could be a consequence of Kaspersky being kicked out of HackerOne bug bounty program, and possibly other restrictions imposed to Kaspersky by other parties due to everything that's going on.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

KOTIP only accepts uploading with max size of 256MB.

Can You provide me the link to download that driver triggering Kaspersky detection?

Mali HG

Level 1
Feb 16, 2020

SherKaan79

Verified
Oct 16, 2021
I just bought a one-year subscription for Kaspersky Plus from the Middle East website. When I go to "My Kaspersky," it says: "Not supported in your region." (Note: my country belongs to the ME region).

Instead it is giving me links to older products like KTS, KIS, KAV, etc.

What to do now? Does anyone have the direct link?

Last edited:
F

ForgottenSeer 93475

I just bought a one-year subscription for Kaspersky Plus from the Middle East website. When I go to "My Kaspersky," it says: "Not supported in your region." (Note: my country belongs to the ME region).

Instead it is giving me links to older products like KTS, KIS, KAV, etc.

What to do now? Does anyone have the direct link?

Screenshot_29.png

It will tell you before buying, as in the picture, that the license is for the Middle East and will not work outside it

If you want a link to download Kaspersky Plus, click here

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.