Advice Request Has Anyone Else Tried Kaspersky Plus?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

stevethetester

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 3, 2016
Hi,

A few weeks ago I recieved an e-mail from Kaspersky telling me that they were launching a new range of security products to replace the current line up. Following the link it took me to the relevent page and decided to try the new Kaspersky Plus, which I did and was very impressed. However, in the space of a couple of weeks these links (incuding the ones were you could transfer existing keys to change to the new solution as well as stating that KIS and KTS etc had all been discontinued.
Now,it has completely dissappeared from sight and no amount of searching on line finds anything to do with it.The only link that I can find was the for Kaspersky Canada : Kaspersky Plus | Kaspersky
but even this seems to have gone as well. I have the e-mail welcoming me to Plus but when I go to my account it shows Plus as expired and no way to renew.
Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any ideas on whats going on?

Thanks,

Steve

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
You have the US version in your URL. From your Avatar, it seems you're in the UK, maybe that's why.

When I search, the two URLs I've gotten had "US" embedded in them.

When I searched using "UK" in the URL, I got this. Not sure if it works though, just got the download page itself. Ran it past VirusTotal and it seems clean but no guarantees. Seems rather odd to break up the downloads into specific regions, doesn't it? No vpn here.

stevethetester

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 3, 2016
Hi,

A few weeks ago I recieved an e-mail from Kaspersky telling me that they were launching a new range of security products to replace the current line up. Following the link it took me to the relevent page and decided to try the new Kaspersky Plus, which I did and was very impressed. However, in the space of a couple of weeks these links (incuding the ones were you could transfer existing keys to change to the new solution as well as stating that KIS and KTS etc had all been discontinued.
Now,it has completely dissappeared from sight and no amount of searching on line finds anything to do with it.The only link that I can find was the for Kaspersky Canada : Kaspersky Plus | Kaspersky
but even this seems to have gone as well. I have the e-mail welcoming me to Plus but when I go to my account it shows Plus as expired and no way to renew.
Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any ideas on whats going on?

Thanks,

Steve
Hello,

What was the version of Kaspersky you used BEFORE migration?
Hi,
sorry about the delay. I didn't have Kaspersky on my pc; I took off Norton 360 to try it out. The origional link I recieved was from Kaspersky UK vis e-mail. When I checked on line it was briefly shown on the kaspersky UK websites. Kaspersky support was about as much use as a chocolate tea-pot as they didn't appear to know anything either. Really strange this one.
Steve

stevethetester

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 3, 2016
You have the US version in your URL. From your Avatar, it seems you're in the UK, maybe that's why.

When I search, the two URLs I've gotten had "US" embedded in them.

When I searched using "UK" in the URL, I got this. Not sure if it works though, just got the download page itself. Ran it past VirusTotal and it seems clean but no guarantees. Seems rather odd to break up the downloads into specific regions, doesn't it? No vpn here.

Hi, That's because the only mention available of the Plus solution was the link I posted. I downloaded it from the Kaspersky UK website and on the UK website I went to it stated that this was now available in the UK as part of 4 new plans which included insurance against card misuse if I remember correclt as well as several othe goodies. Just don't undestand any of this, Steve

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Or maybe there was something else such as issues with it . What I don't undestand is why the secrecy. Maybe we'll find out at some point lol. Steve

I am running it on my PC as of last night Steve. There does not seem to be anything wrong with it from what I can tell so far. This is the version I have. It even got updated to patch c.

1650816818857.png

stevethetester

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 3, 2016
This is where I downloaded it from Steve.

Thanks,this were I downloaded it from the other day. It then installed Kaspersky free for some reason. Even more wierd.

stevethetester

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Jan 3, 2016
That is odd. What av are you currently using?
Hi, I've been using norton 360 but don't like the direction it's going ( crypto currency, phony messages trying to upsell etc). However, I used the american//canadian link that I had previously used on my laptop, entered an unused Kaspersky Security Cloud serial number that I had bought last year but never used and hey presto- It has activated the full version of Kaspersky Plus for 367 days. Early days yet but I'm looking forward to continue testing it and compare it to Norton. Thanks for your-and everyone elses help in this. Steve

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Hi, I've been using norton 360 but don't like the direction it's going ( crypto currency, phony messages trying to upsell etc). However, I used the american//canadian link that I had previously used on my laptop, entered an unused Kaspersky Security Cloud serial number that I had bought last year but never used and hey presto- It has activated the full version of Kaspersky Plus for 367 days. Early days yet but I'm looking forward to continue testing it and compare it to Norton. Thanks for your-and everyone elses help in this. Steve

Keep us posted Steve. This new version is quite nice. I am still waiting for someone to share the link to the download for 21.6 but I have a feeling that it will not be coming to us any time soon.

Cheers!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.