Advice Request Has anyone tried Ashampoo Uninstaller 8?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Hello! Has anyone tried the new Ashampoo Uninstaller 8? How does compare to other competitors like Revo? I have received a special discount, so please share your experience if you've had the chance to try it. Thank you in advance.

I tried it but I find Revo Uninstaller Pro v4 better. It removes all remnants in the safe mode.

LDogg

Level 33
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 4, 2018
I'd say either use Revo Uninstaller or Geek Uninstaller, as the preference for usage of each software comes down to the individual. My preference is Revo by far, removes all remnants when uninstalling software and/or during tests as well.

~LDogg

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Hello! Has anyone tried the new Ashampoo Uninstaller 8? How does compare to other competitors like Revo?
I tried it as soon as it was released and didn't like it. After scanning for traces, it automatically deleted all the leftover files and registry keys it found, without first letting me review what it wanted to delete. This is a big issue, as sometimes uninstallers will want to delete files and registry keys that do not belong to the program that was uninstalled. So it's very important to be able to review what they want to delete, so that you can unselect anything that shouldn't be deleted.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.