Serious Discussion Hasleo Backup Suite 3.0 launches with file backups and other improvements

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
I tested Hasleo Bootable USB on Win 11 with Secure Boot ON. It worked well, and there were no issues with mouse functions. Have you resolved the issue?

I have not used it since then so i do not know.
On my other pc i had to add a IRST driver but even though that was done, HBS boot menu in restore mode did not even see any disk besides the recovery usb so there where no image to find. And the non functioning mouse was a problem on that one too.

If it was important, i would talk to them about it. Especially since they are very responsive.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Delta Restore: The delta restore has a faster restore speed than the traditional full restore because it restores only the changed blocks on the disk. This benefits from advanced delta detection technology, which enables Hasleo Backup Suite to quickly and efficiently check for changed blocks on disk.

I tested the new Delta Restore in Hasleo 4 Beta 3 on an old laptop running Windows 10. First, I restored without selecting delta restore, and it took 14 minutes and 55 seconds. Then, I selected delta restore and performed a restore to the same image, which only took 2 minutes and 30 seconds. This is incredibly impressive and surprising, Hasleo! 👍👏

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Delta Restore: The delta restore has a faster restore speed than the traditional full restore because it restores only the changed blocks on the disk. This benefits from advanced delta detection technology, which enables Hasleo Backup Suite to quickly and efficiently check for changed blocks on disk.

I tested the new Delta Restore in Hasleo 4 Beta 3 on an old laptop running Windows 10. First, I restored without selecting delta restore, and it took 14 minutes and 55 seconds. Then, I selected delta restore and performed a restore to the same image, which only took 2 minutes and 30 seconds. This is incredibly impressive and surprising, Hasleo! 👍👏
HDD or SSD?

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
Change Logs
  • Version 4.0 (11/15/2023)
    • Added delta restore feature
    • New backup scheduling and image retention policy for creating more complex backup plans
    • Attempts to extract drivers from Windows and inject them into WinPE when creating WinPE
    • Fixed some bugs to improve product quality

Homepage

Download link

Thanks to pxxb1 for letting us know!

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

I'm going to have to take that look at Hasleo. I've followed the thread over on Wilder's, but haven't been online to do much of anything for the past couple of months, and was going to try Hasleo back then.
Try Hasleo; it's great! Do you have an SSD system? If you can, please tell us about your experience with Hasleo for backup, restore, and delta restore.

Chuck57

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Oct 22, 2018
Well, downloaded Hasleo and ran a system backup. It was a full 2+ minutes faster than either Aomei or Macrium. I don't have the exact number, but a bit less than 20 minutes for 45.7G on this 2014 era laptop running Win 10 Pro.

Then, I wanted to try a restore, so downloaded the ISO and installed on a DVD and thumb drive, and into the MBR. I mostly use MBR for restores but want the others "just in case." None of them worked. Trying all of them, I ended up with a sky blue blank screen.

Okay, the Win PE download was corrupt or something. Deleted it and downloaded again. Same result on all 3. This was Win PE from Microsoft. I tried the other option offered. Same result - the blank, sky blue screen.

I have Macrium and Aomei emergency disks using Win PE and both work. Not sure what the problem is with Hasleo's. I like the program enough to keep it on my system and keep the backup and just try to figure out what the problem is on my laptop preventing this Win PE from working. MBR, DVD and thumb drive show it as installed.

F

ForgottenSeer 100397

Well, downloaded Hasleo and ran a system backup. It was a full 2+ minutes faster than either Aomei or Macrium. I don't have the exact number, but a bit less than 20 minutes for 45.7G on this 2014 era laptop running Win 10 Pro.

Then, I wanted to try a restore, so downloaded the ISO and installed on a DVD and thumb drive, and into the MBR. I mostly use MBR for restores but want the others "just in case." None of them worked. Trying all of them, I ended up with a sky blue blank screen.

Okay, the Win PE download was corrupt or something. Deleted it and downloaded again. Same result on all 3. This was Win PE from Microsoft. I tried the other option offered. Same result - the blank, sky blue screen.

I have Macrium and Aomei emergency disks using Win PE and both work. Not sure what the problem is with Hasleo's. I like the program enough to keep it on my system and keep the backup and just try to figure out what the problem is on my laptop preventing this Win PE from working. MBR, DVD and thumb drive show it as installed.
Can you explain what you meant by the bold text above? Did you use Hasleo or another tool to create bootable media? Is secure boot enabled on your system? Does your system use MBR?

Reactions: I Walk MY Way

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.