Have you uninstalled any/all preinstalled Win 10 apps that have uninstall feature?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2913
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@yesnoo: All of them except Xbox; currently its not yet my priority to clean those pre-installed due to trivial task to do and schedule.

I rather choose them than those adware based program.

OneDrive is already a built in feature to sync your files using your Microsoft Account. The thing you will do is disable through registry tweak whch you can find on internet.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Only Weather and News here remaining uninstalled
So you have removed "optional features" too from the startmenu i.e in startmenu optional features is there & you can rightclick & uninstall?
If you have removed "optional features" from startmenu... can you check settings - system - apps & features - here on the top "manage optional features" is there or not & opens or not?

Reactions: Logethica
S

SkyJP

Thread author
I removed Mail/Calendar (already have MS Outlook and/or eM Client) as well as Xbox.

Kept everything else.

arslan ejaz

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 5, 2015
So you have removed "optional features" too from the startmenu i.e in startmenu optional features is there & you can rightclick & uninstall?
If you have removed "optional features" from startmenu... can you check settings - system - apps & features - here on the top "manage optional features" is there or not & opens or not?
No I removed apps using the command prompt and yes i can uninstall the apps from the start menu but i i prefer to do that from cmd coz some can only be uninstalled from cmd prompt like xbox etc and Sorry friend i reverted back to win 8 coz win 10 is buggy for me

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I just want to now if "optional features" is uninstalled then it is still accessible or not from settings - system - app & features - manage optional features.

I dont want to uninstall "optional features" but dont like to see it in startup menu seperately when it can be accessed through settings.

So was wondering if "optional features" is removed from startmenu with any methods...is it still available in settings?

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I just want to now if "optional features" is uninstalled then it is still accessible or not from settings - system - app & features - manage optional features.

I dont want to uninstall "optional features" but dont like to see it in startup menu seperately when it can be accessed through settings.

So was wondering if "optional features" is removed from startmenu with any methods...is it still available in settings?
Can anyone plzz reply this?
I mean many users have removed all preinstalled apps & not a single reply on this to confirm.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Can anyone plzz reply this?
I mean many users have removed all preinstalled apps & not a single reply on this to confirm.
@yesnoo, although I've not yet graduated to the status of "newbie" (yet) with Windows 10, I did a search for you which returned
this http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7565-optional-features-manage-windows-10-a.html
Even if it does not answer your question completely, I hope it helps.:)

Edit: You'll find (below step #2) options for history, adding, & removal of individual options.
Thanks.:):)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
@yesnoo, although I've not yet graduated to the status of "newbie" (yet) with Windows 10, I did a search for you which returned
this Optional Features - Manage in Windows 10
Even if it does not answer your question completely, I hope it helps.:)

Edit: You'll find (below step #2) options for history, adding, & removal of individual options.
Thanks.:):)
Thanxx for the link...but not helpful for my query.

So many users here have mentioned that they removed all preinstalled apps & not a single reply here to confirm my query?

gonzalo

Level 2
Verified
May 20, 2014
yes, i uninstall all of that #####. and i install classicshell to bring back the old start menu o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.