Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

plat

Level 29
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018
Windows Update in Settings. It's been installed 3 weeks w/no resets, but needs vigilance due to emerging hardware errors, some software not installing or running properly, and various system settings that had reverted to defaults.

E

Eddie Morra

I haven't updated to 1809 and do not intend on doing so for awhile.

I did put Windows 10 Enterprise for 1809 on a VM for testing but that doesn't really count because it's a dummy environment to check some things on the update. And I'll rid that environment soon to make room for a different one.

As long as there's no super-important reason for me to update, I'll defer it for the time being and let the guinea pigs take the fall for any bugs which are lurking to be fixed.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I updated through Windows Update, when it was available, hoping as usual to see a certain new Windows security feature, that didn't work as usual.
But anyways, I am pretty happy with 1809.
Some time after the update, I did a "reset" of Windows, not because of any particular issues, just to start again with a clean slate.

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Not available yet! I do not want to do a complete reinstall because there is a new update. lol

Reactions: given

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
I haven't got round to updating mine yet. I plan to do all updates over the weekend. Got a few machines to update

Viking

Level 26
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 2, 2011
I'm still on v1803, waiting on v1809 media creation tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.