Industry Aggravated Over Another Botched Windows 10 Upgrade

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
For me this is not good enough, especially from a big company like Microsoft when they release it on the Public official build. It affected even my brother, so it was a big hassle to us.

Thread author
For me this is not good enough, especially from a big company like Microsoft when they release it on the Public official build. It affected even my brother, so it was a big hassle to us.

I have been working on multiple borked systems. Cause, Windows 10 and Windows 10 updates and Windows 10 upgrades and Microsoft unilaterally changing stuff. Anymore, it is constant damage control.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Windows OS is a large and complicated OS. As such, there's no such a thing as a perfect release even if it's perfectly tested in the lab. Just don't expect that. If a perfect release is to be expected then it'll take a year or more to iron out the bugs and even that will not guarantee the release is perfect. Face it, users will be unhappy waiting for such a long time for a release.

As a user one is expected to have contingency plan(s) given the aforementioned situation. Stop blaming MS if you yourself do NOT have contingency plan(s).

For those who are unhappy to use MS OS they can always switch to another OS. No one is putting a gun to your head.

Thread author
Windows OS is a large and complicated OS. As such, there's no such a thing as a perfect release even if it's perfectly tested in the lab. Just don't expect that. If a perfect release is to be expected then it'll take a year or more to iron out the bugs and even that will not guarantee the release is perfect. Face it, users will be unhappy waiting for such a long time for a release.

As a user one is expected to have contingency plan(s) given the aforementioned situation. Stop blaming MS if you yourself do NOT have contingency plan(s).

For those who are unhappy to use MS OS they can always switch to another OS. No one is putting a gun to your head.

You obviously didn't read the article.

No, users won't be unhappy waiting. Most people want stability and reliability. Enterprises routinely delay updates for up to 18 months. Microsoft won't extend that same courtesy to Home or Pro users. I know people do not want to be Microsoft's guinea pig, but Microsoft forces people to be exactly that. For small businesses, stability is their top priority - and not the crap new features that Microsoft keeps foisting upon them.

And it's my job to see what garbage Microsoft is throwing at us next. And I will complain until Windows is no more. This sort of stuff causes a lot of wreckage, even with contingency plans in place.

The problem is people and businesses tolerate it, instead of holding back their dollars.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
The problem of Windows is that it is a multipurpose OS, MS want it like it, to satisfy all type of users having all kind of uses with all kind of machines.

Take Windows Mobile, dedicated to one purpose, works almost flawlessly.

MS should have pulled various versions, and it wouldn't be such mess.

Andrew999

Level 24
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014

No, users won't be unhappy waiting. Most people want stability and reliability. Enterprises routinely delay updates for up to 18 months. Microsoft won't extend that same courtesy to Home or Pro users. I know people do not want to be Microsoft's guinea pig, but Microsoft forces people to be exactly that. For small businesses, stability is their top priority - and not the crap new features that Microsoft keeps foisting upon them.

And it's my job to see what garbage Microsoft is throwing at us next. And I will complain until Windows is no more. This sort of stuff causes a lot of wreckage, even with contingency plans in place.

The problem is people and businesses tolerate it, instead of holding back their dollars.
I completely agree, I do not need all these useless new features. The only thing I need is the security updates, I don't care if the Feature updates get delayed a year or 2, for me it being stable and not loosing my data or Blue screens is my top priority.

Reactions: CyberTech

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016

I won't be happy waiting 1 yr for one release and that's for sure. Businesses (large or small) should have contingency plan(s) in place otherwise they should shut down their business.

For Home/Pro users they should have their contingency plan(s) too. MS did not force upon you. Users have a choice to either perform manual or auto update.

And, btw, stop whining here. If you are that much smarter than MS go and takeover their CEO job and overhaul the entire MS OS. Period.

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I completely agree, I do not need all these useless new features. The only thing I need is the security updates, I don't care if the Feature updates get delayed a year or 2, for me it being stable and not loosing my data or Blue screens is my top priority.
From what you said I gather you do NOT have contingency plan(s). Am I right? If yes, then it's your fault NOT MS

Thread author
I won't be happy waiting 1 yr for one release and that's for sure. Businesses (large or small) should have contingency plan(s) in place otherwise they should shut down their business.

For Home/Pro users they should have their contingency plan(s) too. MS did not force upon you. Users have a choice to either perform manual or auto update.

And, btw, stop whining here. If you are that much smarter than MS go and takeover their CEO job and overhaul the entire MS OS. Period.

Like I said, you obviously didn't read the article.

People want stability and reliability. That's a whole lot more important than new features.

Businesses do put into place large, complex and very expensive contingency plans... and yet Microsoft has way of unraveling those plans.

I guess you haven't been around... not to know that Microsoft forces updates on Home users and only allows businesses to delay them for a short period of time... 18 months maximum. The forced updates are built into Windows 10.

Not whining at all. Just stating facts. Windows 10 is garbage. It is more problematic than 8.1 or 7 ever was. And there's a lot of people in the industry that agree.

When you have a business, and Microsoft breaks something for you, and it literally costs many thousands of dollars to fix on top of costing you many thousands of dollars of lost business despite a sound "contingency plan" in-place... then you won't be so smug and horttle on about "contingency plans."

Last edited by a moderator:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Like I said, you obviously didn't read the article.

People want stability and reliability. That's a whole lot more important than new features.

Businesses do put into place large, complex and very expensive contingency plans... and yet Microsoft has way of unraveling those plans.

I guess you haven't been around... not to know that Microsoft forces updates on Home users and only allows businesses to delay them for a short period of time... 18 months maximum. The forced updates are built into Windows 10.

Not whining at all. Just stating facts. Windows 10 is garbage. It is more problematic than 8.1 or 7 ever was. And there's a lot of people in the industry that agree.

When you have a business, and Microsoft breaks something for you, and it literally costs many thousands of dollars to fix on top of costing you many thousands of dollars of lost business despite a sound "contingency plan" in-place... then you won't be so smug and horttle on about "contingency plans."

If you run a business and if MS OS breaks your system then I suggest you close your business since you don't know how to manage contingencies.

A software (like other things) needs new features to survive e.g. smartphones, cars, tvs, clothing, handbags, hair styles etc practically everything if you'll to name them. For those who are afraid to embrace changes they should forgo Windows OS and move to another OS.

Many users here (and elsewhere), like myself, have use Windows OS since the first edition. Yes, in the early days I experienced BSODs and even the first release of Win 10 too but I'm not seeing any in my last two RS updates. I consider that as excellent progress on the part of MS.

Windows OS serves many consumer and business needs. It is a very difficult OS to make considering that it has to cater to old hardware systems, systems with different software configurations and other needs of the users.

You either live and manage it or you have to let it go. You decide.

Last edited:

DeepWeb

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 1, 2017
It is some bug. And it isn't the only thing wrong with the update. There's a lot of problems with it, like the many that preceded it.
True and I rolled back to 1803 because I prefer stability + I'm waiting for Intel and Synaptics to update their drivers before I truly switch because I see a lot of CPU usage while idle so that tells me by instinct that something is off with the drivers or the OS.

Thread author
If you run a business and if MS OS breaks your system then I suggest you close your business since you don't know how to manage contingencies.

A software (like other things) needs new features to survive e.g. smartphones, cars, tvs, clothing, handbags, hair styles etc practically everything if you'll to name them. For those who are afraid to embrace changes they should forgo Windows OS and move to another OS.

Many users here (and elsewhere), like myself, have use Windows OS since the first edition. Yes, in the early days I experienced BSODs and even the first release of Win 10 too but I hardly see any in my last two RS updates. I consider that as excellent progress on the part of MS.

Windows OS serves many consumer and business needs. It is a very difficult OS to make considering that it has to cater to old hardware systems, systems with different software configurations and other needs of the users.

You either live and manage it or you have to let it go. You decide.

Once again. You obviously didn't read the article. And you keep spouting nonsense.

You speak of contingency, but you really don't know what you're talking about. It is not as simple as making a backup image. There are devices out there which cannot be backed-up. And the complexity of potentialities cannot be solved with even the most comprehensive of disaster and recovery plans.

No, software reliability is the most important factor when it comes to enterprise. No admin cares about the latest and greatest unless it fixes the stuff that is broken. Pushing features that break stuff has been a problem with Microsoft... and there is an entire faction of the industry that complains about it.

The issues we are talking about doesn't have a single thing to do with backwards compatibility. Microsoft's update process is unreliable and causes many problems. Windows 10 has been the worst that I have seen yet. Admins in my region have been working over time doing Windows 10 damage control.

You have a single system. You are a home user. I and others manage many different systems and we see the reality of Microsoft and Windows on a daily basis.

Companies have been looking to get out from underneath Microsoft for decades, but unfortunately, until a better alternative comes along they're begrudingly stuck with it.

And no, it isn't an Admins job "to manage it." Not when it is just an endless string of obnoxious and disgusting problems. Sicne Windows 10 we've never seen it so bad. Recently there have been a slate of BSODs on Windows 10.

It's OK for you as a home user, but 3rd-parties are having to run around like crazy doing Windows 10 damage control.

Like I said. WIndows 10 is garbage. And there's a lot of industry people who agree.

Thread author
True and I rolled back to 1803 because I prefer stability + I'm waiting for Intel and Synaptics to update their drivers before I truly switch because I see a lot of CPU usage while idle so that tells me by instinct that something is off with the drivers or the OS.

It's common sense that people want and expect stability and reliability.

Microsoft keeps botching stuff and no one cares how complex Windows is. That's Microsoft's problem. @HarborFront 's argument that it is up to people to deal with Microsoft's crap is asinine. Sure, bugs are to be expected, but monthly borkings simply is not acceptable. And the enterprise markets, more or less, see Microsoft and Windows as necessary evils. Evils they would much rather be without.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Once again. You obviously didn't read the article. And you keep spouting nonsense.

You speak of contingency, but you really don't know what you're talking about. It is not as simple as making a backup image. There are devices out there which cannot be backed-up. And the complexity of potentialities cannot be solved with even the most comprehensive of disaster and recovery plans.

No, software reliability is the most important factor when it comes to enterprise. No admin cares about the latest and greatest unless it fixes the stuff that is broken. Pushing features that break stuff has been a problem with Microsoft... and there is an entire faction of the industry that complains about it.

The issues we are talking about doesn't have a single thing to do with backwards compatibility. Microsoft's update process is unreliable and causes many problems. Windows 10 has been the worst that I have seen yet. Admins in my region have been working over time doing Windows 10 damage control.

You have a single system. You are a home user. I and others manage many different systems and we see the reality of Microsoft and Windows on a daily basis.

Companies have been looking to get out from underneath Microsoft for decades, but unfortunately, until a better alternative comes along they're begrudingly stuck with it.

And no, it isn't an Admins job "to manage it." Not when it is just an endless string of obnoxious and disgusting problems. Sicne Windows 10 we've never seen it so bad. Recently there have been a slate of BSODs on Windows 10.

It's OK for you as a home user, but 3rd-parties are having to run around like crazy doing Windows 10 damage control.

Like I said. WIndows 10 is garbage. And there's a lot of industry people who agree.
My suggestion is you shut your business down if you are the employer. Or if you are an employee quit your job. I can now see you are letting your frustrations here.

You have options to choose. Working is about managing problems.

Reactions: vtqhtr413

Thread author
My suggestion is you shut your business down if you are the employer. Or if you are an employee quit your job. I can now see you are letting your frustrations here.

Once again, you didn't bother to read the article.

Yes, work is about problem solving. However, it isn't about constant damage control. If you worked in the industry, then you would know what I'm talking about.

You keep trying to make this about me, but it isn't about me. It's about Microsoft and Windows 10. You should read the article. You'll learn something.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
let me ask you a question:

You own a factory, you have hundreds of robots programmed to perform specific tasks so you can deliver products on a hourly basis to hundreds of customers. Those robots you bought them from a specific constructor.

now:

Imagine the said robot-maker decide to update the software unilaterally every months, and those updates often create problems so the robots are misbehaving; hence the goods you sell are faulty.

even if you have contingencies in places, you lost time doing damage control, time is money.

so based on your statement, you have no problem if you lose money or if your customers are dissatisfied with your delivery delays ?

i dont think so, i bet after 2-3 times, you will look for another robot-maker , oh wait, there is no other makers that can do what you want...
life is sad isn't it...?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
let me ask you a question:

You own a factory, you have hundreds of robots programmed to perform specific tasks so you can deliver products on a hourly basis to hundreds of customers. Those robots you bought them from a specific constructor.

now:

Imagine the said robot-maker decide to update the software unilaterally every months, and those updates often create problems so the robots are misbehaving; hence the goods you sell are faulty.

even if you have contingencies in places, you lost time doing damage control, time is money.

so based on your statement, you have no problem if you lose money or if your customers are dissatisfied with your delivery delays ?

i dont think so, i bet after 2-3 times, you will look for another robot-maker , oh wait, there is no other makers that can do what you want...
life is sad isn't it...?
I would say you have lousy contingency plans. If you are the IT-in-charge and I'm the boss I would sack you if my factory always have IT-related problems. My factory has to run smoothly and I employ you is to solve problems and NOT to give me problems.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.