Hot Take Haveibeenpwned To Be Incorporated Into Firefox Browser

plat

Level 29
Thread author
Top Poster
Sep 13, 2018

Over the coming weeks, Mozilla will begin trialling integration between HIBP [Have I Been Pwned] and Firefox to make breach data searchable via a new tool called "Firefox Monitor".

Twitter

I'm used to accessing the website but OK. Note that 1Password is also incorporating this.--I think it's nice.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Hope you don't mind... I recall for this forum thread related to "Firefox Monitor" article source from ghacks:

wat0114

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 5, 2021
If people don't know or understand what strong passwords is, this is far from unnecessary as also the main service itself is a life saver for many victims.
I would just rather use an online tester such as Nordpass or Bitwarden instead of having it built into the browser. I should have mentioned this at first.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.