Advice Request Heimdal Security + Kaspersky Plus - Good combo?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Dave Russo

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Excessive text formatting
Hi MalwareTips,
I recently got a fair offer for Heimdal Premium Home,If I were to get it I would run it alongside of Kaspersky Plus. Does anyone know if this would be just a waste? or is there some legitimate reason to add this? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
Member @Berny is spot on!

Personal I dropped Heimdal around 2 years ago, but I never jumped with their AV solution as it previous been too much talking with empty promises and zero genuine official tests. The HUB actually did one. The result speaks for itself.

The only part I liked and could back then confirm was their software update module. That is still today what they offer free, but I eventually even ditched that because it started to slip behind and pushed out the patches late. Have no idea how that works today, but I'm also not curious enough to test it again as for any fair and correct test/result it needs to be done over a longer period.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.