spaceoctopus

Level 15
Verified
Content Creator
Finally some test about Heimdal! It did quite a good job, until the last Ransomware. For such a new product it's not bad at all. The product is pretty well matured now.

The only deal breaker for me about this product, is that Thor Foresight doesn't work well with Vpns. It would have been a wonderful addition in a light security setup with Vpn.

Robbie

Level 28
Verified
Content Creator
Finally some test about Heimdal! It did quite a good job, until the last Ransomware. For such a new product it's not bad at all. The product is pretty well matured now.

The only deal breaker for me about this product, is that Thor Foresight doesn't work well with Vpns. It would have been a wonderful addition in a light security setup with Vpn.
I agree.

Nevertheless, can we truly assume a product did a "good job" if it only failed one out of X samples? After all, that still means an infection when you go to sleep. Same applies to "this product has a 95% detection rate". If that 5% is gonna encrypt your files, what good makes it catches the rest? :)

spaceoctopus

Level 15
Verified
Content Creator
I agree.

Nevertheless, can we truly assume a product did a "good job" if it only failed one out of X samples? After all, that still means an infection when you go to sleep. Same applies to "this product has a 95% detection rate". If that 5% is gonna encrypt your files, what good makes it catches the rest? :)
It depends from which perspective you look at it. In some real world situation, it is definitely a big fail. But on a comparison point with other products, you can say that it did quite well.