AI Assist Hello Bot I am a New User and Need Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
List all fake antivirus software
It is a challenge to list all the fake antivirus software because there are many variants with different names, but here are some of the most common and well-known ones:

1. Antivirus 2009
2. Antivirus XP
3. Antivirus 360
4. Antivirus 7
5. Internet Security 2010
6. Internet Security Essentials
7. Internet Security 2011
8. Security Shield
9. System Security
10. Spyware Protect 2009
11. Advanced Security Tool 2010
12. Internet Security Guard
13. Antivirus Pro 2010
14. AntiVira Av
15. AV Security Essentials
16. ThinkPoint
17. Personal Security
18. Malware Defense
19. PC Security Guardian
20. Total Security
21. Internet Security 2012
22. Windows Security Suite
23. System Security 2009
24. Mega Antivirus 2012

It is important to note that this list is not exhaustive, and new fake antivirus software variants may appear. It is important to use reputable antivirus software and security practices to protect your computer against these threats.

Reactions: Trident

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Assuming that same tendencies always continue with no change (binomial distribution) and I downloaded in the past 100 word documents and all were benign. What’s the probability for the next 100 documents to be malicious?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Assuming that same tendencies always continue with no change (binomial distribution) and I downloaded in the past 100 word documents and all were benign. What’s the probability for the next 100 documents to be malicious?
Based on the given assumptions, if you downloaded 100 word documents in the past and all of them were benign, the probability of the next 100 documents being malicious depends on the historical percentage of malicious documents that you have encountered in the past.

If you have encountered a very small number of malicious documents (e.g., less than 1%), then the probability of the next 100 documents being malicious is likely to be low. However, if you have encountered a higher percentage of malicious documents in the past (e.g., 10%), then the probability of the next 100 documents being malicious would be higher.

Let's assume that you have encountered a very low percentage of malicious documents in the past, say 0.1%. In this case, the probability of the next 100 documents being malicious would be:

P(X = k) = (n choose k) * p^k * (1-p)^(n-k)

where n = 100, k = 0 (since you are looking for the probability of all 100 documents being benign), p = 0.001 (i.e., the probability of a randomly selected document being malicious, given a historical frequency of 0.1% malicious documents).

Plugging these values into the formula, we get:

P(X = 0) = (100 choose 0) * 0.001^0 * 0.999^100
= 0.9048

Therefore, the probability of the next 100 documents being benign (i.e., not malicious) is approximately 90.5%.

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Assuming that same tendencies always continue with no change (binomial distribution) and I downloaded in the past 100 word documents and all were benign. What’s the probability for at least one in the next 100 documents to be malicious?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Assuming that same tendencies always continue with no change (binomial distribution) and I downloaded in the past 100 word documents and all were benign. What’s the probability for at least one in the next 100 documents to be malicious?
Based on the same assumptions, if you downloaded 100 word documents in the past and all of them were benign, the probability of at least one of the next 100 documents being malicious can be found using the binomial distribution.

Let's assume that the historical percentage of malicious documents that you have encountered in the past is p (in decimal form). Since the tendency is assumed to continue with no change, the probability of each document being malicious or benign is assumed to be the same as in the past.

Using the binomial distribution formula, the probability of at least one of the next 100 documents being malicious is:

P(X ≥ 1) = 1 - P(X = 0)

where X is the number of malicious documents among the next 100 documents.

Since we know that all of the past 100 documents were benign, the probability of the next document being benign is 1 - p. Therefore, the probability of all the next 100 documents being benign is (1 - p)^100.

Thus, the probability of at least one of the next 100 documents being malicious is:

P(X ≥ 1) = 1 - P(X = 0) = 1 - (1 - p)^100

For example, if the historical percentage of malicious documents is p=0.01 (i.e., 1%), then the probability of at least one of the next 100 documents being malicious is:

P(X ≥ 1) = 1 - (1 - 0.01)^100
= 1 - 0.366032
= 0.633968

Therefore, in this scenario, the probability of at least one of the next 100 documents being malicious is approximately 63.4%.

• Applause

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Under the absolute same conditions what is the probability for me to download benign document?
Under the assumption that the same tendencies always continue with no change, and the probability of downloading a malicious document is p, the probability of downloading a benign document is simply 1-p.

For example, if the probability of downloading a malicious document is p=0.01 (i.e., 1%), then the probability of downloading a benign document is:

P(benign) = 1 - p = 1 - 0.01 = 0.99

Therefore, in this scenario, the probability of downloading a benign document is 0.99, or approximately 99%.

Trident

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
Assuming that same tendencies always continue with no change (binomial distribution) and I downloaded in the past 100 word documents and all were benign. What’s the probability for at least one in the next 100 documents to be benign?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Assuming that same tendencies always continue with no change (binomial distribution) and I downloaded in the past 100 word documents and all were benign. What’s the probability for at least one in the next 100 documents to be benign?
Assuming that all the past 100 word documents were benign and the probability of a benign document remains the same in future, the probability of at least one of the next 100 documents being benign is 1 as it is certain that all of the next 100 documents will be benign (since they are all assumed to follow the same tendencies as the past 100).

In other words, for the given assumptions, there is a 100% probability of at least one of the next 100 documents being benign.

• Applause

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
What about probability of 97 documents to be benign?
The probability of exactly 97 of the next 100 documents being benign can be calculated using the binomial distribution formula:

P(X = 97) = (100 choose 97) * p^97 * (1-p)^(100-97)

where p is the probability of a document being benign, assuming the same tendencies continue with no change.

However, if you are asking for the probability of at least 97 of the next 100 documents being benign, you can calculate it as follows:

P(X ≥ 97) = P(X = 97) + P(X = 98) + P(X = 99) + P(X = 100)

This is because to have at least 97 benign documents out of 100, you could have exactly 97, or 98, or 99, or 100.

Assuming that the historical percentage of benign documents is p=0.99 (i.e., 99%), then the probability of exactly 97 of the next 100 documents being benign is:

P(X = 97) = (100 choose 97) * 0.99^97 * 0.01^3
= 0.452843

The probability of at least 97 of the next 100 documents being benign is:

P(X ≥ 97) = P(X = 97) + P(X = 98) + P(X = 99) + P(X = 100)
= (100 choose 97) * 0.99^97 * 0.01^3 + (100 choose 98) * 0.99^98 * 0.01^2 + (100 choose 99) * 0.99^99 * 0.01^1 + 0.99^100
= 0.999999999999998

Therefore, in this scenario, the probability of at least 97 of the next 100 documents being benign is approximately 1 (or 100%). This is because the probability of downloading a malicious document is very low (0.01), and the sample size is relatively large (100 documents), which significantly reduces the chances of encountering a malicious document.

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@Bot please compare and contrast DuckDuckGo search engine, with Brave Search. Other than those 2, what's the best search engine for privacy AND accurate complete information?

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
The probability of exactly 97 of the next 100 documents being benign can be calculated using the binomial distribution formula:

P(X = 97) = (100 choose 97) * p^97 * (1-p)^(100-97)

where p is the probability of a document being benign, assuming the same tendencies continue with no change.
by the way... please compare and contrast DuckDuckGo search engine, with Brave Search. Other than those 2, what's the best search engine for privacy AND accurate complete information?

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
by the way... please compare and contrast DuckDuckGo search engine, with Brave Search. Other than those 2, what's the best search engine for privacy AND accurate complete information?
DuckDuckGo and Brave Search are both privacy-focused search engines that prioritize user privacy and security. They differ in their approach to generating search results, with DuckDuckGo using a variety of sources and Brave Search relying more heavily on user contributions.

DuckDuckGo offers anonymous and unfiltered search results from over 400 sources, including its proprietary web crawler, Bing, Yahoo, and others. It also provides advanced options like "bangs," which allow users to search a specific website directly from DuckDuckGo. DuckDuckGo's search results are generally reliable and unbiased.

Brave Search is newer, and currently in beta testing. It is built on the Brave browser's privacy-focused technology and uses a combination of algorithmic and user-contributed content and search results. In addition to its privacy focus, Brave Search is committed to transparency in how it generates search results and prioritizes user feedback.

Other search engines that prioritize user privacy and accurate information include Startpage, Qwant, and Searx. However, it is worth noting that no search engine is perfect and there are always trade-offs between privacy, security, and the quality of search results. It's important to carefully evaluate your own needs and preferences when choosing a search engine.

F

ForgottenSeer 97327

I apologize for the confusion in my previous responses. Upon further research, I have found that AV-Comparatives did not conduct a Retrospective/Proactive Test in 2020. I
This thread is hilarious, incorrect answers, posting non-existent and imaginary results. @Jack what stuff did you feed botty with? Is it legal in Canada and om the west coast on the US?

• HaHa
Reactions: Jack and Trident
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.