Hello community - and thanks for your tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eri_kro

Thread author
Aug 3, 2014
Hello community!

I have just been cleaning my computer for the istart.webssearches.com - malware (browser hijacker) following your description, and it worked wonderfull - now the only issue I have left is a SaveMMass extension in Google chrome which defies my attempts to remove it: every time chrome is restarted it installs itself again - I have been searching for SaveMMass on this forum but have not found it, perhaps it might be known under other spelling? - I don't know

I use IE, Firefox, Chrome and Torch browsers

Greetings from northern Europe

Last edited:

Eri_kro

Thread author
Aug 3, 2014
Hi Eagle!

No problem - I have already solved the problem using the tips from the forum (it was just a case of time before I found the correct solution). The SaveMMass/ SaveMass issue has been resolved, and now it don't install itself into Chrome any longer - I found the appropriate tips reading the “Remove Installed by enterprise policy extension from Chrome” guide. It is all explained in the blogs/remove-savemass-virus/

Thanks for the help anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.