Fav. Antivirus
VoodooShield
Fav. Videogame
Tomb Raider series, X-COM series and point and click adventures

Christopher Blunt

Thread author
Apr 18, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I'm Chris. I'm a software developer based in Bangkok, Thailand with a keen interest in all things security related.

I started computers as a kid with the Commodore Vic-20, and I guess my first experiences of malware were on the Commodore Amiga with the SCA in 1987 (screen shot below). I eventually moved to the PC after several years in the cracking/phreaking scene. My anti-virus program in those days was "ThunderByte Anti-Virus" :)

Happy to be here and chat to like minded individuals.

BRGDS/Chris

1588651959087.png

1588652308491.png

danb

From VoodooShield
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
May 31, 2017
Hey, you kinda look like Fabian without the glasses and goatee. I always knew that you would eventually give up and figure out that the only way to sufficiently protect a computer was with a lock ;).

Fabian.png
87085_jpg.png

Just playing, welcome to MT!

TRS-80

Level 1
Aug 16, 2019
G'day @Christopher Blunt ,

Welcome to the MalwareTips Community, from Australia!

It's been many years since I've seen “ThunderBYTE.” So long, in fact, I forgot to mention it in my own introduction. Thanks for the screenshot!

Please enjoy your time in an excellent Community. There is plenty of information here, especially, relating to security. Plenty of fun discussion and, interesting topics. Awesome people, too!

Stay safe, well & happy!

Cheers,

@TRS-80 👀 :emoji_beer:o_O

Tutman

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 17, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I'm Chris. I'm a software developer based in Bangkok, Thailand with a keen interest in all things security related.

I started computers as a kid with the Commodore Vic-20, and I guess my first experiences of malware were on the Commodore Amiga with the SCA in 1987 (screen shot below). I eventually moved to the PC after several years in the cracking/phreaking scene. My anti-virus program in those days was "ThunderByte Anti-Virus" :)

Happy to be here and chat to like minded individuals.

BRGDS/Chris
Hello and welcome fellow Commodore fan! I too started with a Vic 20 (Ahem, showing my age!) and then to the Commodore 64 and of course eventually to the Amiga before they went away. (RIP) And yes now sadly on Windoze. ;) I still have my Commdore 64 and an Amiga 1200 btw!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.