Hobbies
    • Computers and technology
    • Gaming
    • Malware and threat analysis

byronbytes

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 30, 2022
Hello everyone! I'm new to these forums, and I feel like this is a place where I can finally fit in.
I'm Matty, a programmer and tech enthusiast who wants to make the world a better place. I am mostly experienced with C# and WinForms. My two main IDE's are Visual Studio and IntelliJ. I'm also currently trying to learn Java and a few other languages that would help me make new projects. I've previously learned a small amount of VB.NET,
I also run a small business, and I have developed an (actually good) computer optimizer thats completely open sourced for anyone to view! I hope to see you all around the forums soon!

(I have no clue if I'm able to link my GitHub repositories, but I will if I can.)

kC77

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 16, 2021
Hello everyone! I'm new to these forums, and I feel like this is a place where I can finally fit in.
I'm Matty, a programmer and tech enthusiast who wants to make the world a better place. I am mostly experienced with C# and WinForms. My two main IDE's are Visual Studio and IntelliJ. I'm also currently trying to learn Java and a few other languages that would help me make new projects. I've previously learned a small amount of VB.NET,
I also run a small business, and I have developed an (actually good) computer optimizer thats completely open sourced for anyone to view! I hope to see you all around the forums soon!

(I have no clue if I'm able to link my GitHub repositories, but I will if I can.)
welcome!

byronbytes

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 30, 2022
I do have a question but I don't know where to ask it, am I allowed to post updates for an application that I created in the Software section? (More specifically the Performance & Health section, as it would fit there very well.)
It does have a good reputation and is known by sites, so it's not like it was created like 5 minutes ago.

Is that possible? Or is it reserved for more known applications (like CCleaner)

Kongo

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
I do have a question but I don't know where to ask it, am I allowed to post updates for an application that I created in the Software section? (More specifically the Performance & Health section, as it would fit there very well.)
It does have a good reputation and is known by sites, so it's not like it was created like 5 minutes ago.

I am not a mod but there are many posts about any kind of software. Just make sure that you post it in the right category:

Last edited:

byronbytes

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 30, 2022
I am not a mod but there are many not so well known posts about any kind of software. Just make sure that you post it in the right category:

I'll make sure to post it in the right category.
Welcome man. Happy you joined us.
May I ask what browser you mainly use? Chrome or Edge?
Google Chrome is much better. If I compared newer chromium edge to the older version, it's a huge improvement, but I generally prefer Chrome.

Reactions: Venustus and amirr

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020

Instead of CCleaner, I recommend BleachBit. I am content with it.

amirr

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 26, 2020
I'll make sure to post it in the right category.

Google Chrome is much better. If I compared newer chromium edge to the older version, it's a huge improvement, but I generally prefer Chrome.
I agree with you, also a friend told me this:

Edge uses the Chromium engine, so yes, it’s generally as reliable as Chrome (at least I don’t have problems with it).

"Yes, I’m still using Edge, for various reasons, including being able to watch Netflix in 1080p or more, and the selective automatic cleaning of cookies on exit (cleans all except the ones I specify), and probably doing less tracking than Google (because unlike Google, your personal data isn’t critical to their revenue stream, so I guess they’re less aggressive about it).

However, you’re not wrong using Chrome. To each their own. If Chrome suits your use case, then by all means, use the tool that’s right for you. There is no such thing as “the best browser”, only the best fitting browser depending on your own lists of pros and cons.

(When Manifest V3 comes to Chromium browsers though, it will be a different story. A browser without uBlock Origin would be a problem, and I probably would have to revert to Firefox, despite its numerous flaws (ugly new UI, performance impact especially on laptops (battery use), no 1080p on Netflix…) but I guess we’ll see about that if/when it happens)"

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.