Google Chrome
Fav. Mobile OS
Android
Fav. Desktop OS
Linux

BrownEyes

Thread author
Aug 10, 2014
Hello to everyone here -- thank you so much for having me. I must say that i feel a bit 'dumbed down' by some of the immensely simple things asked of me on the questionnaire that i am a bit inexperienced at knowing. For that i apologize & hope that you will still let me stay. I can be your token 'old dog' that you need to teach 'new tricks'???o_O

About myself first i suppose....i just turned 49, though i am not sure how that happened as i am sure i am not finished being a sassy redheaded free spirit, so that must be wrong. Back to that later. ;)

I am with my soul mate since i was 16 & we have three sons who have somehow grown older than we. Again, i am not sure how that has happened, *scratches head*:confused: Surely, Time is playing tricks on me & my mind.

Anyway, enough about me and my mental issues. I am here because i was recently blessed by one of my sons when he replaced my:

MacBook Pro OS X Version 10.9.4 - 13-inch, Mid 2009,

• Processor: 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • Memory: 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB
with a:
MacBook Pro OS X Version 10.9.4 - Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013,

• Processor: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
  • Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics: Intel Iris
I have been thoroughly enjoying my new play toy. I am disabled and an avid nature photographer & i have also become the family genealogist. Both of which are easily compensated for my needs by my new laptop.

I do run into issues that i can't figure out,:eek: don't know how the heck they got there :oops:or what the heck i am going to do to remedy the situation :confused:. I have come across this site and have seen how helpful it has been to others & wanted to be a part of it. I hope in a time of need that i will also find help to get me out of whatever mess i've gotten myself into, (being an 'old dog' and all, you know how that happens, ;)).

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you, and hey, i just might scare us all and be able to help someone even less knowledgeable than myself! **gasp!** :eek: Hey, it could happen!

Thanks again!
*~*BrownEyes*~*

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Welcome to MalwareTips, our humble little community devoted to all things security :) I have to say I loved your intro, it makes a change to read something with more effort than just a couple of sentences although it must be said, we welcome those such as yourself with as much warmth as those who are more shy with their introductions, and that is really the spirit of MT, as you will soon see and be a part of ;)

As @Koroke San mentioned before me, I'm sure you will get on really well with a good friend of many including myself, @Cats-4_Owners-2 He is as witty and poetic as thoughtful and kind in each and every of his replies both in public and in private. Please don't be afraid to contact any of us personally here if you need some help or advice, we all share a love of helping people as much as we can and that is what makes MT such a great place to be.

You describe yourself throughout as an 'old dog', willing and able to learn some new 'security' based tricks :) Perhaps a good place to start might be my Security Dictionary (which I will be heavily updating today and tomorrow). I would also fully recommend posting your computers configuration in the Security Configuration Wizard where you can receive advice from the many knowledgeable members here on how to improve your security, and your computers setup in general ;)

I'm sure you'll find your way and I look forward to seeing you around the forums soon!

All The Best,

The 'imfamous' Cowpipe

glasswitch

Level 2
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Hi there old Brown Eyes, you will enjoy your time here, there are many wonderful people always willing to help with computer questions and cures for problems. Welcome :D

Reactions: El-Bainy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.