iOS
Hobbies
    • Computers and technology

Logician

Thread author
May 13, 2023
Feel free to read the forum rules: Forum Rules
I don't see any reason to delete my first substantial comment:
From experience: DO NOT set privacy.resistFingerprinting to true. It's a COMMON MISTAKE. So common they have a bug about it [BMO link] - many bugs about it in fact. It is pretty much supposed to be for use in TorBrowser only. Causes tons of problems.

I suppose it was a bit strong. But better than nothing no?

EDIT: whoops, in my post list, it looked like it had been deleted. Actually: This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
I don't see any reason to delete my first substantial comment:
From experience: DO NOT set privacy.resistFingerprinting to true. It's a COMMON MISTAKE. So common they have a bug about it [BMO link] - many bugs about it in fact. It is pretty much supposed to be for use in TorBrowser only. Causes tons of problems.

I suppose it was a bit strong. But better than nothing no?

EDIT: whoops, in my post list, it looked like it had been deleted. Actually: This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.
I did not remove any of Your msg, if that happened, probably was a different staff person.

Also, in this community, all the messages of a new user are sent automatically to moderate queue until You become more active posting in the forum.

Logician

Thread author
May 13, 2023
Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone!

I did not remove any of Your msg, if that happened, probably was a different staff person.

Also, in this community, all the messages of a new user are sent automatically to moderate queue until You become more active posting in the forum.
Yes, we're all good.

(I know you did not remove any of my messages, hence the EDIT I added (and that you quoted in your reply!) and have just added emphases to.).
My first substantial comment was approved and got a like too.
:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Logician

Thread author
May 13, 2023
It seems I've hit a glitch.

I'm being shown this message:

• How about a picture for your account?
    You’ve posted in the forums, but your profile picture isn’t as unique as you are – it’s just a letter.
    Have you considered visiting your user profile and uploading a picture that represents you?
    It’s easier to follow discussions and find interesting people in conversations when everyone has a unique profile picture!
but Account details | MalwareTips Forums displays:

• Your full account details are not currently editable.
I guess the message is premature - I haven't participated enough to add a photo?

Reactions: Trident

Pixelman

Level 4
Well-known
Jun 7, 2022
Obi Wan Kenobi Reaction GIF by Star Wars

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.