hamo

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
Hi all,

I'm very hesitant what to use !
I will till what I have, Please help me to chose.

ــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

1 - My Laptop is strong enough to use any security program.
2 - I brows all sites, any sites and download any program for test, never use Torrent.
3 - I play game like " Asphalt 8 " heavy game.
4 - I use office and power point (all office product)

* I have legal keys for all security suite and antivirus program.
* I have legal keys for 2ed opinion scanner ( Zemana - HitmanPro )
* and Lockdowen program like ( Voddoo and Appguard )

Need help from who use or test many security program NOT tell me what you use now !
Help me and tell me why ?

I will appreciate your help.

Reactions: DJ Panda

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Avast is a light and good detection AV. The free version is just fine and not really any extra money needed. Zemana and or HitmanPro are both really good on demand scanners with amazing detection rates. You could use those two. Voodoosheild is another good product but you can choose weather or not to add it as well. :)

Reactions: hamo

ttto

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Sep 22, 2016
If you want a free security solution, Avast will be fine, or if you have Windows 10, I recommend you to have a look to Windows Defender. On the other hand, if you prefer a paid solution, I recommend you Norton.
In my opinion, like @J Gamez065 said above, having those 2nd option scanners, I think Defender or Avast, will give you enough result. Both are light and effective.

hamo

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
Avast is a light and good detection AV. The free version is just fine and not really any extra money needed. Zemana and or HitmanPro are both really good on demand scanners with amazing detection rates. You could use those two. Voodoosheild is another good product but you can choose weather or not to add it as well. :)

Thanks,
you do not prefer any security suite (Paid) ?

"3 - I play game like " Asphalt 8 " heavy game."

why does this sound like you're asking for a mobile security?

There is Asphalt 8 version for PC .

If you want a free security solution, Avast will be fine, or if you have Windows 10, I recommend you to have a look to Windows Defender. On the other hand, if you prefer a paid solution, I recommend you Norton.
In my opinion, like @J Gamez065 said above, having those 2nd option scanners, I think Defender or Avast, will give you enough result. Both are light and effective.

Thank you,
You said Norton ,Norton 360 , I have only.

hamo

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014

Attachments

• 2017-04-18_00h37_44.png
    2017-04-18_00h37_44.png
    98.2 KB · Views: 384
Reactions: Handsome Recluse

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Thanks,
you do not prefer any security suite (Paid) ?

I feel like Avast Free is enough. I really am not a spender so I live cheaply. :p The choice is yours however, if you do basic security habits. (Updating OS/Software, Don't be click happy, and run at least something decent.) You will be fine. :)

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
I'll pick Emsisoft you can't go wrong with Emsisoft. It has improved a lot has great GUI and is more stable on windows 10 than in the past.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Avast Free is a good alternative without any hiccups cause considering the fact where the Hardening Mode is the strongest point of security module.

Next is Voodoshield which you can accompany to any security product, all you need is to understand the pop-ups.

Another alternative is SecureAplus that contains Whitelisting technology as another good protection module.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy
F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello,for paid solution,I recommend Bitdefender Total Security+Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium,I do not believe you can get that kind of protection for free.(Zemana Anti-Malware Premium instead of malwarebytes is another suggestion);)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
You said you install all kinds of programs. If you want protection while you are installing a questionable program, then AppGuard and Voodooshield are not it, because you turn off their protection while installing.

This combo will protect you pretty well even while you are installing something: Kaspersky Internet Security + HitmanPro.Alert + Heilig RansomOff.

To increase security, use Kaspersky Application Control to put all the executable files of powershell, wscript, cscript, mshta, and cmd in the "high restricted" category.

hamo

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
@hamo

You were using Kaspersky Internet Security with AppGuard. Why the change ?

I think you know!
For problem happened, now I am in clean Windows 10 install and I need to make my dissension.

@hamo you have license for Appguard? if yes , you don't need anything else , just learn to use it and sometimes scan your system with zemana and HMP.

I want a clear detail from any program I use like VoodooShiled
AppGuard 4.x 32/64 Bit

You said you install all kinds of programs. If you want protection while you are installing a questionable program, then AppGuard and Voodooshield are not it, because you turn off their protection while installing.

This combo will protect you pretty well even while you are installing something: Kaspersky Internet Security + HitmanPro.Alert + Heilig RansomOff.

To increase security, use Kaspersky Application Control to put all the executable files of powershell, wscript, cscript, mshta, and cmd in the "high restricted" category.

No, I did not use all, I have keys for all but did not use all I need your experience about that.

I used KIS before (perefect security suit) but I did not prefer to do a lot of change in its default sitting,
I am sure you know If you enable TAM in kaspersky you will get some problem during long use

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Biggest thing is disk encryption, mine is provided via Rollback Rx but you can also get disk encryption as it's own separate service, many people use Bitlocker. Disk Encryption is probably the best security tool if you don't have it already.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.