Advice Request Help Iranians Connecting to internet

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

amir 957

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
I've been tweeting hashtags about our protests and stuff for a week now
if you're worried with getting arrested for activites you do on social media, i can't help you with Instagram but on Twitter as far as i know if you remove the phone number on your account and leave no trace to where you live and who you are it's safe at least i'm not arrested yet. of course the fact that you're using Mullvad a trusted provider in terms of no logging etc.. helps.
F instagram
I’m using twitter
Thank you for your advice

amir 957

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Update: i can only connect with Tor (sometimes) and Express VPN works perfectly!
And NordVPN disappointed me, it was waste of money…

Reactions: Nevi and amirr

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
Update: i can only connect with Tor (sometimes) and Express VPN works perfectly!
And NordVPN disappointed me, it was waste of money…
I hope you already know this but make sure to sanitize your photos and videos and remove all meta data associated with them. You don't want meta data to bite you in the ass, if they decide to take your phone for an inspection and match the metadata to your phone. You all are fighting a great fight. The world is currently in a freaking turmoil, I guess 2 years of lockdowns have really salted people. Here in the US we take life into our own hands each time we hit the highway, in Texas almost daily there are road rage shootings, people get shot for honking or showing the finger. Last year a father and his 15-year-old son were returning from a baseball game, the dad didn't let the car merge, the dude just shot at the car and hit the son in the head, instant death.

F

ForgottenSeer 95367

i’m in Iran :)
We can’t get connected to VPNs 4PM to 11:59PM, because protests happen in that time
Are you blocked just from accessing VPN? Can you connect to the internet within and outside Iran without a VPN during that time range?

I would expect the govt to block all internet access at the backbone router level.

Reactions: amir 957

amir 957

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
I hope you already know this but make sure to sanitize your photos and videos and remove all meta data associated with them. You don't want meta data to bite you in the ass, if they decide to take your phone for an inspection and match the metadata to your phone. You all are fighting a great fight. The world is currently in a freaking turmoil, I guess 2 years of lockdowns have really salted people. Here in the US we take life into our own hands each time we hit the highway, in Texas almost daily there are road rage shootings, people get shot for honking or showing the finger. Last year a father and his 15-year-old son were returning from a baseball game, the dad didn't let the car merge, the dude just shot at the car and hit the son in the head, instant death.
Yes I delete all the metadata for photos And I don’t share l videos online
Btw how can i share videos online without metadata or any tracks? Is there any app for ios to remove them for videos?
And about that story, I can say nothing… :(

amir 957

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
Are you blocked just from accessing VPN? Can you connect to the internet within and outside Iran without a VPN during that time range?

I would expect the govt to block all internet access at the backbone router level.
Only iranian websites during that time
And sometimes Tor works and other VPNs are blocked

gigi64

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Sep 14, 2012
Filtering has become more powerful than a few hours ago ....
openvpn protocol not work
nord not work
freedome notwork
A stupid, stupid retarded government

1- Express VPN Lightway protocol work (there is also a trick to use it for free),
2- Windscribe wstunnel protocol,
3- Cyberghost chrome extension also work.

Tor is slow, i wont bother.
What a trick to use expressvpn ?:cry:

amir 957

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 9, 2017
HI
In this high censorship situation, "ProtonVPN Stealth Protocol" is one of the rarest VPNs that still work
But we need something
Some people are willing to pay for the premium subscription and send them as a gift to other users, but first of all, we need a crypto payment method
So I opened an idea on the Proton site, please go there, (Vote 3 points, and flag it as ''Critical'')
Thank you:)

Needed features for IRAN

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.